Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Sony Xperia 5 Mark III , Bose NC 700

Operating System

Android 12, Spotify Rev: 8.7.16.1354

My Question or Issue

My app recently just keep crashing and force close every time I have my headphone (Bose NC 700) connected. I found out the near by device permission was somehow the issue. If I have the near by device permission off. I am able to continue to have my headphone connected through bluetooth and have spotify running. But the spotify app won't show any headphone information (Just played from phone). I am worried if I have nearby device off I won't be able to connect my sonos speakers to spotify. It was working just fine in the past but the crashing start to happen today. Would it be an issue with the latest revision? How can I solve it (not have it crash while still have my nearby device setting on) 

29 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue with my Xperia 1 III after updating to Android 12.

Hi @wiinfinity and @KutterCraig,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We understand you're experiencing crashes of the app after updating your Android. It could be worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and resolves possible cache-related issues. See if this restart will make a difference for any of you.

Also, @wiinfinity could we ask you to include a short video of the situation, so we can take a closer look and try to replicate the situation on our end. Then we can use this to give you a better advice and eventually include it in our reports.

@KutterCraig if you're experiencing the same issue, could we also ask you to send us a short video, as well as to share with us what type of device you're trying to connect to and also the Spotify version you're currently using.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also having this issue on my Poco F3 (Android 12) with Bose Sport Earbuds. See other thread started by me. Disabling nearby device permission in app permissions solves this...

Troubleshooting attempted but so far this is the only fix so appears to be an Android 12 issue with Spotify nearby devices.

I also have this problem. It is annoying. I have tried to reinstall spotify, force close and clear everything. Disconnected Bose 700, reconnected. No change. 

I open Spotify when the headphones are connected with Bluetooth, black screen and Spotify close down. Nothing else happens. I can listen to everything else on other apps, but it just won't work with Spotify. 

Same with Nokia XR20 and Bose NC 700 after update to Android 12. Restarting phone, Spotify (x times in a row), or reinstalling Bose app or resetting and reconnecting headphones does not help. When I use another bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge 3), it works fine. However Spotify crashes immediately when connecting to the Bose NC700.

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Could you send us the following:

1. the version of your Spotify app
  2. a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior in action

We'll then forward the information to our developers so they can investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hope this is clear enough.

The moment I turn my headphones off my Spotify works again, like normal. Spotify also works perfectly with my Sony headphones. 

IMG_20220330_163744.jpg

Identical to that video, same version also.

Same Issue for me with my OnePlus 9Pro and my Bose 700.

Same problem for me with Bose NC 700 and a Xiaomi Mi 12 Pro on Android 12 MIUI 13.0.14.
When my Bose NC 700 is connected i'm not able to start the Spotify app it crash every time.
But when i disconnect the heaphones it works...
Very annoying...

Same problem here! App does not start or stops working when my Bose NC 700 are connections. I'm using the spotify 8.7.16.1354, running Android 12 on a One Plus 9

I am having the same problem. Have been trouble shooting with both Spotify support and nothing worked so far. My Bose QC earbuds are the ones that trigger this crashing and makes Spotify impossible to start. I got a Sony 1 Ii with android 12. Gonna try and disable nearby devices and see if it helps me!

Same here. Bose bluetooth earphones. as soon as theyr connected, cant open spotify - it just closes. Tried reinstalling. Repairing. Headphones work with all other apps. Spotify just closes each time the second you open it. 

App version 8.7.16.1354
OnePlus 9 Pro 
Android Version 12
Bose QuietComfort EarBuds

Updated Spotify today to 8.7.18.1138 as it became available. The issue still persists 

Also updated, also on one plus 9 pro with Bose 700 headphones

I also updated, and no change with the issue. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the information shared. While we continue investigating this issue, as there's a new update available, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking it on a device with a previous Android version to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

@wiinfinity wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Sony Xperia 5 Mark III , Bose NC 700

Operating System

Android 12, Spotify Rev: 8.7.16.1354

My Question or Issue

My app recently just keep crashing and force close every time I have my headphone (Bose NC 700) connected. I found out the near by device permission was somehow the issue. If I have the near by device permission off. I am able to continue to have my headphone connected through bluetooth and have spotify running. But the spotify app won't show any headphone information (Just played from phone). I am worried if I have nearby device off I won't be able to connect my sonos speakers to spotify. It was working just fine in the past but the crashing start to happen today. Would it be an issue with the latest revision? How can I solve it (not have it crash while still have my nearby device setting on) 

No difference with the update.

Suggested posts