Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when pressing the options Button (Cubot Quest)

App crashes when pressing the options Button (Cubot Quest)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Cubot Quest 

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Alright, so whenever I press the options Button (3 dots) for a Song / long press a Song to add a Song to the queue, or to a playlist it just crashes.

So far I've tried:

- clearing cache of the App

- un- and reinstalling the App

- trying oder Version of the App (up until 2016)

I can't think of anything else to do and hops someone can help me. 

9 Replies

Got the exact same problem, with the exact same phone also in Germany. Spotify is practically not usable. Did you find a solution?

A friend of mine has the same problem, even a German device with Android 9. I think the problem here is with Cubot and the android version they have customized.

One possibility would be to root here and to install another system, but it is risky and unfortunately I don't know how the support of the android developer community is for this device. 

I think the best way will be to wait until an operating system update or Spotify coincidentally solves the problem itself.

Hey @Anton1998 @snnywlf @Ferdind and the rest,

Sorry to hear that the app is causing issues on your mobile devices. Help's on the way!

This looks like it could be related to this Ongoing Issues we're currently investigating. We recommend you to leave your +VOTE there and subscribe, in order to be notified about updates.

Feel free to give us a shout in case you have any other questions in the meantime. We'd be happy to lend you a hand 🙂

Also happen on a cubot r19!

Same problem here with cubot X19. Spotify nearly unusable, no reaction from Spotify if you send Feedback after crash a thousand times!

And obviously no solution after half a year or more...

Same problem here, same model, Spanish device. Please do something! We subscribed to Spotify because we are music lovers, 7 months later no solution.. you play with our feelings!

:_ _(

Same problems here, cubot quest... The thing I miss most is not being able to share songs.  Obviously I can create playlists from my laptop but it's like only having half a Spotify app.

I have the same problem! Cubot quest

Same issue occurring on UMIDIGI A5 Pro, seems like there hasn't been an update on this problem in a long time...

Suggested posts