Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App is lagging and sometimes unresponsive

App is lagging and sometimes unresponsive

As stated in the title the app on my Samsung Galaxy is lagging all the itme, does not respond to commands, all my playlist are downloaded to my phone but songs often do not play, lag or slow down. Have tried reinstalling the app but problems persist.

Anny suggestions?

12 Replies

Hi, Exactly what model phonee and android version are you using?

Samsung Galaxy Mini SII and Android version 2.6.38..6

I suspect that the recent spotify releases are probably pushing your device to its limits. There's a thread on similar problems here. There isn't a fix at the moment but you could try reinstalling spotify to see if that helps.

I'm having the same issues. I'm using a Galaxy S5 on Kit Kat.

I'm having the same problem on my galaxy s5

Same problem on my HTC One M8

@SimonF wrote:
Same problem on my HTC One M8

Working fine on my M8. Can you try a clean install? 

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This did not fix my problem. I dont always lag, and i have lots of memory (ram) available when i use spotify. Sometimes the app stops, but the music continues to play. And sometimes (around once every half hour) the music is stuttering. Does not matter if its downloaded music or not.

Hi,

That certainly shouldn't be happening on the M8. It sounds like something is killing the app process (but leaving the media stream running).

Are you rooted or running a custom ROM at all? Do you have anything installed to help manage memory such as a cache or system cleaner?

Android Troubleshooting:

Completely original from Telenor in norway. No such apps. First app i installed was spotify, and i have always had the problem on this phone.

I can't see it being the app or phone, might be worth giving support a shout and see if there's something in the back-end whcih is causing issues accessing your account?

You can contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

I currently have the same issues on my OPPO F1s.

Before I also had the exact same issues on my Galaxy S4. I Tried clean installs and that sometimes worked for a while, but it happens again.

I start to think Spotify is just bugged, and am open for good alternatives.

Suggested posts