App showing title of one same song

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungaryí

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

My Question or Issue

Hi folks, interesting issue here. It appears when I close the spotify app and reopen it. After I open the app, the part of the screen that is supposed to show the title of the song currently playing shows the last song played. Even when I skip songs it does not change. When I enter cover mode (where the screen shows the cover of the song played), it shopws the song played before I exitted the app and when I swipe there to skip songs, it can swipe up to three sogs, but those will not be the ones playing but the ones that followed on the list after the song before exitting. After that, I can only skip by tapping the next song button. reboot of the phone resolves the problem, but I don't want to keep rebooting everytime. I quit the app by just exitting, not stopping the song. Issue appeared yesterday. Any ideas? Thanks.

12 Replies

Hey there @lenoir!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We'll do our best to help you solve this.

It's a good idea to start by following the steps here to clear the app's cache.

If the issue persists, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app that will get rid of all unnecessary and old files that might be stored on your device. 

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have exactly the same issue. The song information doesn't update. when i go in to the playlist i see which song is playing (and upcoming) but in the "now Playing" view it is just the one song that stays there till eternity. restarting the app resets the song but then it keeps that one till eternity. The song information that is transmitted via bluetooth is the same as "now playing" (so also not changing).

Funny thing: when i play through spotify connect on the Web-browser the "now playing" information in my android app is syncing with the right song.

It seems that resetting cache solved the problem. I'll test a little longer.

Ok, so just clearing the cache does not solve this problem.  I have noticed that in the playlist you see the right songs but the name of the playlist mentioned is still the same as the one of "frozen" "now playing" screen. i made screenshots.

I have now tried a re-install and will test again...

Screenshot_20200807-091920_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200807-091911_Spotify.jpg

Hi Elena,

A clean install (follow instructions in the link you provided) unfortunately did not solve the problem. I saw more topics with this problem. (like this one)

I'm out  of things to test.

Do you have any ideas?

Br,

Sebastiaan

I have the same problem, but with me it gets even worse.

After 10 minutes the songs stop playing. 

I found another topic with the same issue. Here.

apparently there are more users with this problem...  

and this

and one more here

And also this one

What i noticed a few times is that a few of the previous mentioned topics also mention the Galaxy watch. (not all, but i didn't as well) I have also the spotify app installed on my watch... could there be something wrong in this syncing?

This issue has been going on for a lot of people since 2020 and spotify still hasn't fixed it. Also keep in mind that most of us are paying to use this app. They seem to refuse to simply dive into the code and look for the problem, very poor customer service. I really hope they fix this bug very very soon because i am absolutely sick of it.

Hi @Hf9,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome. 

To start, please let us know if you've already tried performing any troubleshooting steps so far, this way we can determine the best course of action, since every case is different. @Elena shared some good steps you can check out.

Also, we suggest you try logging with a friend or family member's account on your device, and check if the issue repeats there. 

If this doesn't do the trick, a good option is connecting to a different Wifi/Mobile network to test the app.

Let us know how this goes!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's so annoying!! I used the last version of Spotify and it worked flawlessly but this new one keeps screwing up and I have to keep reinstalling the app and clearing caches every single day for it to work. It's ridiculous especially since we are paying for this app. I will most likely consider another streaming service if this keeps happening,  very disappointing. 

Suggested posts