Plan

Premium

Country

Device

TCL 20 pro

Operating System

What ever the current android version is

My Question or Issue

I've been using your app for 2 years with no issues until this weekend. The audio cuts out at random intervals but it shows on screen that it is still playing. It happens with Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth to the car, and the phones speaker. Other apps don't cut out at all. I've cleared cache, reinstalled the app, changed power settings, logged out and logged back in, unoptimized the app. I don't know what else to do and I'm at my wits end. Please fix the app. I've also asked a few people I know that use Spotify if it is happening to them as well and it is. 

37 Replies

Got the brand new Samsung Galaxy S22 a month or so ago and have had nothing but issues with spotify playing back. It's skipping like a personal CD player hooked up to a tape deck driving down on a dirt road!  Aux adapter in the vehicle, Bluetooth in vehicle,bluetooth headphones, and out loud on my phone. 

Plan

Premium

Country USA 

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S22)

Hey @Easton3,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Let's start with making sure you're running a fresh installation on your device. Could you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app as described here

We'd also like you to check if Spotify is set as an exception in the Samsung device care settings. More on that here

Does the same occur with a different Spotify account?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @Kstizzle1,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We appreciate you sending us all the steps that you've already tried to solve this.

Can you try with a different account and see if the app behaves the same way? If a family member has a Spotify account, it would be great if you can ask them to log in on your device to test.

We'd recommend giving this a try on a different network as well. If possible, ask a friend or a family member to start a hotspot for you and use that network to check if that issue still persists. If this is not possible - try with another Wi-Fi connection instead.

In case you're still experiencing this, it'd be great if you could tell us the exact Spotify version that you use. If you don't know how to check it - take a look at this FAQ.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator

I've tried logging into my wife's account and still have the same issue. I've tried my wifi my works wifi and my mobile network still happens. The version is 8.8.32.508. When this issue happens when I open the app I get the green spinning ring and have to kill the app to get it to work again. I don't believe that this issue is on my end considering I've used the YouTube and Amazon app to listen to podcasts and don't get this issue at all. I've spent a lot of time using Spotify building up playlists and such so I don't want to cancel my account but having to kill the app multiple times just to get through a song really kills the flow of listening to music. 

I have the same issue! Paid for Premium hoping that was the reason for this issue. I have Android phone and I don't have this issue with any other app, only Spotify. Moderator....please fix this or I will be cancelling my plan permanently and switch to Pandora which I don't have this issue with. I will try for one month. Please 🙏 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@Kstizzle1, just to confirm, is this only happening on your phone or on other devices as well? We'd also like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. Lastly, it's a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

@deeaguirre76, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. On another note, would you mind checking if the OS of your phone is up to date? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

When I use the app on my tablet it works fine as well as my PC. I also took the battery optimization off and it still happens. There was a TCL update roughly 3 weeks ago but I don't understand why it would work for 2 weeks then start doing this. 

Hey @Kstizzle1,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing the requested information.

We've noticed that you're not using the latest version of our mobile app. Would you mind updating the Spotify app on your device with the steps here and test if you'll experience the same?

In case you do, could you post a quick video of your experience? This way we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. If the attachment is too big - we'd suggest that you upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

I have the same issue and it really is annoying. With TCL 20 pro and Spotify is updated. I hope to find a solution.

Hi there @Jerlec19,

Thanks for the post.

Is this happening only when listening to music, while connected to a Bluetooth device or even when you listen from the phone itself? It would also be helpful if you tell us your current Spotify app version.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello I have also been having the same issue since a few weeks (2 or 3 weeks maybe?)
Spotify version: 8.8.40.470

Premium account

Phone: TCL20 Pro

Issue in detail:
- Audio randomly stops while listening to music while screen is locked. Then, when I open my phone screen, the audio might resume for a few seconds and stop again. But the spotify app still shows that the song is playing. There is just no audio anymore. Pressing pause/play doesn't bring back the audio. At this point I have to close the app completely and start it again to get audio back.

- Only happens on my phone, not on my desktop

- The issue happens regardless of audio output: headphones, bluetooth speaker, or phone speakers directly.

- It only seems to happen while the screen is locked. If I keep the phone open the bug doesn't seem to happen.

- I have tried a full clean and reinstall (clear cache and data, uninstall spotify, restart phone, install spotify) but the bug is still happening.

Please help, it's really ruining my ability to enjoy music outside.

Replying to myself, I think I've managed to resolve the issue after messing around with my phone some more. It was indeed related to batterie usage optimization. I don't know what changed since the last TCL phone update to cause this but here's how to remove the optimization if you are having this issue:

Go in settings -> apps -> Spotify ->  Battery -> Battery Optimisation.
Optimisation is probably active for Spotify so select All Apps on top of this menu and find Spotify in the list to deactivate it.

Music has been playing for about half an hour and haven't had anymore issues so far.

Hey @PatParadize,

Thank you for joining the conversation. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took changing your phone's settings and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will help other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank-you for saving my sanity. Your solution was effective on my TCL30+. Good perseverence by you.

I am having the same issue on my Pixel 6 Pro. Using Pixel Buds pro and they remain connected to handset. Every other app works just fine yet Spotify still playing but no music coming through earphones. This is most definitely a Spotify issue not bluetooth or handset issue as all other apps still produce sound/music.

I have a tcl 20 pro, and I am having the same audio issues. My phone runs on Andriod 12, and my Spotify version is 8.8.44.527. When I delete and redownload the app, the audio will be fine for about an hour or so, and then the issue reappears. It's an endless cycle, it seems.

I am having the exact same issue and have for some time. I have even factory reset my phone. I am noticing everyone on this forum is using a TCL phone. I switched to my LG phone for a while and it wasn't happening at all. But went back to my TCL and it's happening again. 

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Audio randomly pauses at random intervals when playing audio. I cleared the cache on my phone, reinstalled the app, and logged out of all devices. Nothing fixed it. The issue is also present when accessing Spotify on my Windows PC.

I have a sansungs s21 android phone and this still does it even delete my Bluetooth devices. Any suggestion how to fix.

Suggested posts