Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio skipping like a scratched CD

Solved!

Audio skipping like a scratched CD

Just since yesterday the audio in my Spotify app has been going out for a second or so about every fee minutes. It sounds like a CD that has been scratched. Didn't know if this was an issue with a new update or something? I have a Samsung Galaxy Active S6.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Most of you seem to be using Samsung phones. I started having similar issues a couple of weeks ago and it seemed that my exclusion of spotify from android's power management had been removed. No idea if this was down to a samsung or spotify update but excluding the spotify app again fixed this.

On an S8 (it may be different on other handsets):

• Go to settings>device management>battery
  • In umonitored apps at the bottom, make sure that spotify is still listed
  • If it isn't, tap "add apps" at the bottom and readd spotify.

View solution in original post

45 Replies

is that with all tracks or certain ones? Did you try using offline mode to see if that helps? If you are premium of course, also, checking to see whether safing on SD card or internal storage helps.

Try on another connection maybe as well if you can

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and about a week ago, I experienced the same problem out of the blue.  Offline mode changes nothing either.  I even closed all additional features that may slow down the app with no resolve.

Yes I've also tried it with online v. offline and the problem wasn't solved.  It's been doing it with any song I play.  Doesn't seem to be the connection so I'm not sure what it is.

I've had this same exact problem. The songs that I've had downloaded for over a year have been skipping, so it is definitely not a wifi connection problem. I got rid of the downloads multiple times and redownloaded them, but that didn't work. I even got rid of the app and that still did not fix the skipping problem.

I was just about to post about this too. Been happening for about 3 days now. I thought it may be my connection, but I've tried it while on wifi, off wifi, on mobile data, off mobile data, tried offline mode in the app... Even tried airplane mode. And almost all of my library is downloaded to my phone. Deleted all the data for the app and logged in again and it *still* does it. It happens on nearly every song in my library and appears to be random - it skips in different places if I play the same song again. I would love to know if there is a solution for this, I've been a Premium user for over a year now but if they can't figure this out I will have to leave. I'm not paying to hear a scratched CD. I am on a Galaxy S6 as well, on the standard operating system.

That is my exact situtation^^^i'm on a galaxy s6 and my sister has an iphone and hers doesn't skip. My computer doesn't skip either.

Hmm strangely enough the skipping hasn't happened today.  I didn't do anything in particular - just restarted my phone yesterday so maybe that helped?  Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Have the same issue for a few days now. Tried it on different headphones. Doesn't seem to happen on my BT On ear. Earbuds I tried it on were brand new so that cant be it either.

Same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S6

Strangely enough, i restarted my phone too and the skipping stopped...crossing my fingers it won't come back but once I restarted my phone problem was fixed.

I have the same problem with my Samsung S6, it only happens however when I'm connected to Wifi. I've tried using different connections, restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no luck. My playback is fine on offline mode though! I assume it's a problem with the latest update?

Also skipping for me, Galaxy S6 (non edge).

Happening with downloaded and non downloaded songs.

Think it started 2 weeks ago, resetting seems to help but it comes back.

So I emailed Spotify about the issue.  They responded with this: 

"Looking at your account from our end, we can see that something occurred with the offline files on your devices. It seems the cache has become corrupted and was disconnected from the app.

Don't worry, if you follow this link (https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/) you can reset your offline devices. Then you'll need to perform a quick reinstall of Spotify with these steps (http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify). This will clear any unnecessary connections between your phone and your Spotify account. Please note, you'll need to resync your downloaded playlists afterwards (https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_phone_tablet_desktop/listen-offline/)."

The fix seems to be working so far.  Hope all this helps everyone having the same issue as me! 🙂 

Update: skipping started again today.  I will update if I find a true solution.

I have also been experienceing similar problems, songs laggin, sounding weird, skipping, for the past week or so.  I know its a problem with the spotify app on my phone, Galaxy Note 5, because I've tried music steaming on different apps and devices with no problems.  It happens with most of the songs I play, downloaded or not.  Ive tried restarting my phone, uninstalling the app, and redowloading my songs, all to no avail.  As a premium customer, for a lengthy period of time, this is quite frustrating as I expect the very basic features of something I pay for to work the way they are supposed to.  Please fix this @spotify

Having the exact same problem as mentioned many times before now. It started a few weeks ago and it goes with any song, whether online/offline or wifi/4g. I have a Samsung galaxy S6 Edge and experienced that the problem only occurs whilst having the screen locked. If the screen is unlocked the music is fine. 

Exactly the same as all these people above.

i have a Galaxy 6 edge+ and for about a week or two its had the same issue. Its not the phone speaker as i played youtube music and videos which played perfectly. It isnt wifi as ive used numerous types still getting the same issue.

Ive re-installed and wiped the app numerous times with no improvement.

HOWEVER! ive just restarted my phone and it seems....so far.... to be clean.

Hopefully a fix for something that really irritates the **bleep** out of me.

I want to weigh in and mention I have also been having the same/similar issues with my spotify services on my Samsung Galaxy Note5. It will make glitch noises or stutter occassionally while listening to a track, whether streaming or playing from a downloaded track. The problem seemed to coincide with a recent update of the app.

Marked as solution

Most of you seem to be using Samsung phones. I started having similar issues a couple of weeks ago and it seemed that my exclusion of spotify from android's power management had been removed. No idea if this was down to a samsung or spotify update but excluding the spotify app again fixed this.

On an S8 (it may be different on other handsets):

• Go to settings>device management>battery
  • In umonitored apps at the bottom, make sure that spotify is still listed
  • If it isn't, tap "add apps" at the bottom and readd spotify.

Suggested posts