Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth buttons stopped working

Solved!

Bluetooth buttons stopped working

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Oneplus 6

Operating System

Android version 10

My Question or Issue

I have a bluetooth headset with buttons on them to control my music (play/pause/skip etc). A short while ago they stopped working. I couldn't skip or pause my music anymore. I bought new headphones because I thought they were just broken. Unfortunately the issue is still the same. Whenever I listen to Youtube or play music, the buttons do work, just not with spotify. It doesn't matter if Spotify in on or just in the background.

This issue occurred around the same time as an already known issue; disappearing playlists when downloading them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Carstaer,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Can you try logging out > unpairing your headset from your phone > restarting your phone > pairing them again and logging back in to your Spotify account?

If there's no difference, check that Spotify has all permissions enabled in your phone's settings and that both your OS and headset firmware are up to date.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Carstaer,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Can you try logging out > unpairing your headset from your phone > restarting your phone > pairing them again and logging back in to your Spotify account?

If there's no difference, check that Spotify has all permissions enabled in your phone's settings and that both your OS and headset firmware are up to date.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos,

It seems to work! Thanks for the response/solution :).

Hi @Carstaer

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts