Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth volume bug

Bluetooth volume bug

I'm having an issue with the Spotify app for Android.

I recently tried connecting to a pair of Nocs airplay speakers (over airplay) and everything worked fine (including volume control). After syncing to the same speakers over bluetooth however, the volume rocker on my phone stopped working and the volume is fixed. The system volume slider marked bluetooth does respond, but the actual audio doesn't. Instead, the music, like I said, is played back at maximum volume (or at least very loud). When adjusting with the software volume controller in Spotify however (accessed from the speaker icon, see photo), the volume does indeed change and so does the onscreen system volume slider. 

Anyone else experienced this? Why does it happen? Is it a bug?

Btw: I've got the latest version of Spotify, and my device is a Sony Xperia Z Ultra. I've checked with multiple other speakers to make sure the problem lies with Spotify and not the speakers. I'm also using the latest phone software, no other apps are open, etc. 

Henrik

Screenshot_2014-10-23-15-04-55.png
10 Replies

That's odd. Can you try a clean install?

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for responding. Tried a clean install of the app. Things changed, but not for the better. Now, even the Spotify software volume controller doesn't do anything. The volume over bluetooth is now fixed regardless of how and where I attempt to change it.

After hooking my laptop up to the same speakers, however, I realized the problem is limited to my phone. My laptop changes the volume without a hitch. Might still be a Spotify bug but more likely there is something wrong with my phone. Thanks again for helping out. 

I was just wondering the same thing. Maybe a factory rest of your device is required???

Android Troubleshooting:

I was just wondering the same thing. Maybe a factory reset of your device is required???

Android Troubleshooting:

Maybe so. Due to my phone being so heavily customised however, I cannnot do that at this time. But I will attempt it later on, and see if that helps. Thanks.

Customised as in rooted & custom ROM?

Do a Nandroid, Titanium Backup then reset... I can restore my device in about an hour. And if it fails, I have my Nandroid to fall back on

Android Troubleshooting:

No nothing like that, just authenticators. that require hours to migrate and restore, system set up just right for me, etc. Don't want to wipe it. Thanks

are you on Android L? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

I use Authy... You can backup your authentication.

Android Troubleshooting:

No, I'm on Android 4.4.

Suggested posts