Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect through mobile data, but works fine through WiFi

Solved!

Can't connect through mobile data, but works fine through WiFi

Hi,

After the last update Spotify will no longer work when the phone is working on mobile data. It says that there is no connection (all other apps are working fine) however it works perfectly fine when I connect to any WiFi. I have checked with other people using the app and they have the exact same problem on different phones. I am currently using Huawei P9. I have checked for any system updates, un-installed and re-installed the app, etc. and nothing has worked. 

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

seems like switching to the APN ibox.tim.it solves the issue.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the same problem, TIM, Galaxy 7 but here is the workaround given to me by TIM assistance:

go to Connections> mobile networks>profiles 

select TIM WEB (ibox.tim.it)

go offline (airplane mode) for some second the back online

now spotify should work

if it still doesn't make sure that the TIM WEB (ibox.tim.it) is selected

If is not and you still see the TIM WAP profile means that that profile is selected as default

at this point open the WAP profile

in the APN you will see wap.tim.it

delete the word "wap" and substitute it with "ibox" so it reads ibox.tim.it

go in airplane mode for some second and back online

now it should work

Marked as solution

At last I found out that after my trip to neighbour countries (data roaming), some of my apps did change the settings in "Data usage control" to work only on Wifi.  This setting was not so easy to find. Now everything is working fine.

23 Replies

Hey, I'm using the P9 lite and since a few days ago I've been having the same problem.. I have spotify premium, everything is up to date and I've no idea how to fix this problem.

Hey guys, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We’d like to know a bit more about what’s happening. Can you try using someone else's account in your phone and check if the same thing happens? We’ll see what we can suggest.

We’ll be waiting for your answer.

Same problem here. Since yesterday no chance to use Spotify on mobile data.
And just the same - works without any problem on wi fi.

Are any of you guys with MTel in Bulgaria by any chance?

I was about to post all needed data, but.... A couple of days back the issue went away on its own. Yes- I am in Bulgaria and am using Mtel services. 

So I suppose it was from the operator? Anyway the issue is gone now, but if it will help somebody else I will provide more info. 

No that's fine and glad to hear things are back to normal for you. I only asked because other Mtel users had posted about problems over the weekend 🙂

I have the same issue.

However if I play a song while on wifi then press pause, go to mobile mode then play, it will work.

Issue appears only when playing through android auto. If spotify is not started and paused before android auto is run I'll get the message

Motorola x play / Android 6.0.1

Same issue, on HTC One, been broken for months so just use another app but this is stoopid, why am I paying for this level of incompetencr. I see it happens on fruit phones too. But it's not like this is their core business....oh, wait

Same thing here , from yesterday 

- only spotify can't connect trough mobile data (says no internet connection) and cannot even access spotify website or community trough mobile data

-Works ok with wifi

tried all the suggested solutions (logged out and in again, logged trough facebook)

I'm premium user, Galaxy S7, android 7.0

Any solution?

No internet connection available.
But it's not true!
Galaxy A5 2016 Just Updated Android 7.
Spotify connects only to WiFi and not to data connections. Removed and reinstalled app as indicated by the help but the problem remains the same. All apps I work perfectly. I've made connection tests, and both WiFi and data connection are fast. I only have problems with Spotify.
I live in Italy and use TIM

Marked as solution

seems like switching to the APN ibox.tim.it solves the issue.

I am having the issue that when i am trying to use Mobile Data it says there is "no Internet Connection available"

I checked my settings and I am not in Offline Mode.
I've tried uninstalling an renstalling.

I am using a Galaxy Samsung S8 Plus 
I live in New England area in the United States.

Thanks, I solved the problem with ibox.tim.it
I owe you a beer 😉

I have the exact problem with TIM and I live in Italy, but i can't solve it with that APN. Any solution?

Same here with TIM, can't connect since monday. 

Chancing APN didn't fix the problem 😞

Marked as solution

I had the same problem, TIM, Galaxy 7 but here is the workaround given to me by TIM assistance:

go to Connections> mobile networks>profiles 

select TIM WEB (ibox.tim.it)

go offline (airplane mode) for some second the back online

now spotify should work

if it still doesn't make sure that the TIM WEB (ibox.tim.it) is selected

If is not and you still see the TIM WAP profile means that that profile is selected as default

at this point open the WAP profile

in the APN you will see wap.tim.it

delete the word "wap" and substitute it with "ibox" so it reads ibox.tim.it

go in airplane mode for some second and back online

now it should work

Ho risolto creando un nuovo profilo. Non selezionare il profilo WEB TIM esistente (ibox.tim.it), ma crearne uno nuovo
nel nuovo profilo, immettere solo il nome nella prima riga e ibox.tim.it nella seconda riga. Lascia tutto il resto così com'è

I live in Latvia and I have the same problem with Spotify on mobile data. My operator is LMT, phone OnePlus 3T, Android 7.1.1. I tried reinstalling, clearing the data, APN changing, but nothing helps ☹️

If you're using a dual sim phone, try swapping the sim cards over.

Suggested posts