Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't enter last.fm credentials

Solved!

Can't enter last.fm credentials

Hi,

I'm using the Spotify app (version 0.6.0.17) on a Nexus 7 and it won't let me enter my last.fm credentials. Nothing shows up when I try to type in the fields - when I select a field the keyboard pops up with a "done" button but then a second later it changes back to a keyboard with just a plain enter key. I've tried it with both the Swype keyboard and the stock keyboard. It won't even let me copy and paste (the paste button shows up for a second and then disappears). Help please? I'd really like to be able to scrobble from my tablet!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The new version 0.6.2.64 has cured the problem for me

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Might have to do with the latest update, see this thread:

"Fixed: No more crashing when faced with special character$ in usernames."

As I don't have an Android phone, I can only guess that the Last.fm login details work similar to the Spotify desktop version which checks each entered character online with the Last.fm server and shows a temporary error message "wrong username or password", until you have filled out both fields completely and correctly, and the error message disappears.

The same thing happens on the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Jelly Bean, it worked OK on ICS but now the keyboard pops up to enter credentials but no characters appear - I typed them in anyway in the hope that something was happening "under the hood" - but it's not scrobbling. I just checked it on my Toshiba AT300 (also running Jelly Bean) and the same thing happens, maybe there's a little incompatability in the latest version (0.6.0.20) of Spotify?

Hi guys. I just checked and it works fine on my Google Nexus running android 4.2. Can you try a full uninstall, deleting the cache and data then download version 6.0.20 from Google Play.

Nope, that made no difference - but thanks for trying to help.

I am having the same problem. I've not only attempted to delete the cache, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify AND the Last.fm App to no avail. I'm on an HTC One X+ running Android version 4.1.1 

Marked as solution

The new version 0.6.2.64 has cured the problem for me

Good to know thanks:) Still waiting patiently 🙂

Edit: Got it!

Anyone still having trouble with last.fm login see my post here. Gonna run these threads together if I can work out how 🙂

Still not working on my Galaxy Nexus

Neither the update nor the other thread's tips are working for me on my Incredible 4G running CM10.1 (4.2.2 JellyBean).

Saved by grace.

I'm having a similar issue with the HTC One, but i can't even enter text in the user name or password fields. The keyboard appears, but by the time i type the first letter, the cursor in the username box and the keyboard both disappear. Bummed - this worked fine on my iPhone.

I just got a brand new HTC One yesterday and am experiencing the same issue. I installed the latest version of Spotify and it will not let me enter any text into the login field. I never experienced this issue with my previous phone, which was a Samsung Galaxy SII. I use Spotify a lot and want my plays scrobbled!

Hi. Could you plaease add your details to this Bug topic. Thanks.

I've been having problems with the desktop client as well telling me it has the "wrong username and password" no matter what I've been doing. I've been typing it in slow, changing it, reinstalling things, and it still gives me the "cannot connect to last.fm server" error. Any ideas?

The wrong password banner displays every time you type a character as it checks "live" as you type. What you can do is close the banner every time you enter a character and it shouldn't show after you type the last character of your password. If it shows up then you've entered either the username or password wrong.

There were connection problems yesterday - everyone was getting connection error 301 and 308 but it works now.

Suggested posts