Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last fm scroblbling not working

Solved!

Last fm scroblbling not working

last. Fm scrobbling doesn't work, when I enter in the details and press back to save the settings, the user name and password section goes blank. It even goes blank when I change something like the cross fade time. Version 0.6.0.20 - language Dutch

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I reinstalled the other day and had some problems getting my last.fm credentials to stick. I finally got it to work by making sure that both the username and password fields were visible, entering username then tapping on the password field, entering password and hitting "done" on the keyboard. Oh, and I didn't use the android back button to leave the settings screen. Any other combinations and both fields wouold go back to empty.

I'd be interested to hear if this works for you.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Marked as solution

I reinstalled the other day and had some problems getting my last.fm credentials to stick. I finally got it to work by making sure that both the username and password fields were visible, entering username then tapping on the password field, entering password and hitting "done" on the keyboard. Oh, and I didn't use the android back button to leave the settings screen. Any other combinations and both fields wouold go back to empty.

I'd be interested to hear if this works for you.

Oh wow, that worked! (after i figured out that swiftkey added a space to the username as well) 

Thanks so much!

As i suppose this is still a bug that needs fixing i leave the issue unresolved.

Hello all, 

I am unable to scrobble or input my username and password as of the landscape release. I have reinstalled, cleared my settings, and tried different keyboards, and still no luck. I have already tried the thread "solution". I didn't change any settings before the problem occurred. I am using a rooted LG MS695 on stock OS. Am I the only one with issues?

Thanks

Hi. Just to be clear, what happens when you try to enter your username/password?

Hi guys

I'm experiencing this issue also.

I click on "username" and I get a cursor for about 0.5 seconds, and then I'm unable to type (the keyboard stays, but nothing is able to be typed).  If I try and paste anything in, the "paste" button also appears for 0.5 seconds

This sounds exactly like the bug which was opened on Friday over in the bugs section here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This solution DOES NOT WORK FOR ME

This is still a big problem, this is exactly the bug I have found, very frustrating, when will there be a fix for this?

There is an open bug topic on this.

So when will it be a closed bug topic? It needs to be fixed ASAP it is very important, and not much use as it is one of the main reasons I subscribed as a premium member.

Come on Spotify when is this getting sorted, this is still a problem, premium members especially deserve better.

You could try a work-around although I'm not guaranteeing it will work. Grab the version from m.spotify.com, enter your last.fm credentials, make sure they work then let it upgrade. In theory, the credentials should be preserved.

No still doesn't work. Just what is the problem how difficult is it to solve?

Another week on and still not fixed, please find a solution soon Spotify thank you.

And still we are waiting, why isn't this fixed already so that Samsung Galaxy S3 users on Android can scrobble to last fm by entering their login details on the spotify app??

The android issue is outlined here, still waiting on a fix!

Peter

Peter

2 months later and it still isnt fixed 😞
And this kinda keeping me off from using it on the phone

@user-removed wrote:

2 months later and it still isnt fixed 😞
And this kinda keeping me off from using it on the phone

Confirmed on the bugs topic a fix for this should make it into the next android release. 

Peter

Peter

@guidoable wrote:
last. Fm scrobbling doesn't work, when I enter in the details and press back to save the settings, the user name and password section goes blank. It even goes blank when I change something like the cross fade time. Version 0.6.0.20 - language Dutch

@guidoable wrote:

Suggested posts