Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

Since the new app update, there is no way to see the number of songs in a playlist. I used to be able to see this in the Playlists page of Your Library next to each playlist.

I was using this number to keep the same number of songs in my 35 library playlists, which I use so I don't have to download my entire library at once. Now I have no way to keep the same number of songs in each of my playlists the way I had been doing, which is disrupting the primary way that I use the app every day. If I can't keep track of what's in my library easily I have lost a large part of why I pay for Spotify and I will look to switch to another service.

1. (P.S. I don't like several of the changes in the new update... I also hate that I can't view the albums or artists of my saved songs anymore, and I liked the save button better than the new "like" feature that has replaced saving songs to my library. If Spotify is getting rid of the concept of a library of saved songs in favor of only being able to make playlists, I will move to a different music streaming service.)
62 Replies

Hello Spotify Support,

Why isn't this fixed. I can't see the number of songs in a playlist on the Web Player, Andriod , Ipad.

Spotify, Mann you getting worse and worse with every release. Removing the Andriod Widget, big mistake (and then putting it again). The long running story of Storage switching between internal and SD card storage with every software version upgrade. This stupid playlist issue and many other quirks. 

Spotify you might sometimes (by chance) fix something, but it takes in most cases ages and screaming upset customers.

Listen better to your loyal (premium) customer base . I believe it is  still your customer base at the end that pays your bill and determine your success. Otherwise you do not stand a chance against the big bad boys of Apple and Google.

My 2 cents on this, do something with it,

Bas.

Amen. I love spotify but I see so many issues every day using the app.

- no playlist number of songs

- new releases aren't at the top of artists anymore

- spotify pauses when my screen is off. Just completely randomly stops and I have to get my phone out to make it play again.

- titles of artists on artist pages are huge and are crammed into a table that forces line breaks. So you get artist names on 3 lines hyphenating them.

- sometimes the small player in the pull down on my android just isn't there. So I have to open the app to pause or skip songs.

I'd like to just work for spotify as a tester to help fix these things to be honest aha. I use Spotify more than anyone I know.

Just here to comment on this and keep the topic alive. Its such a basic feature. I see no reason not to have it. Its of significant help to know the number and overall duration of songs when compiling playlists. 

Another issue i have is that the player closes sometimes when the screen is dark. Im tired of looking for workarounds from the internet but im hoping at least this issue will be ironed out asap seeing as there are other people with the same issue. Wouldnt hold my breath for the number of songs though..

ok boomer
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

If you'd like to bring this feature back, make sure to add your vote to this idea.

More information on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here.

Thanks!

Is there a vote for bringing back saved songs as well?

Install an use the Deezer to fix this

You have removed a basic function of the UX. 

Returning things back to normal should not be seen as an new idea. 

Just ask whom ever made that decision to explain why it was seen as a good idea to remove the number of songs in a Playlist. 

I am pretty sure that this hasn't been cleared at any higher level. Pretty sure it's just a quick decision from a clueless UX-artist.

The fact that this

error still stands after a year is deeply disturbing. 

So happy that I have an old iPod for which I only use to see HOW MANY SONGS I have in my playlists.

The fact that Spotify removed this feature is very disturbing.

Don't bother guys! All you'll get, is their auto response saying "post it on our forum and we will look into it", which never happens! I mean how idiotic and completely frustrating to take away the count of songs against playlists. I think the team at Spotify are getting defiant and cocky believing now that were hooked and they have the fan following they do, no-matter how much of an issue we make of things were not going anywhere and I really think we ought to get them to take us a little more seriously!!!!

SPOTIFY -lets please hear the logic and the reason behind why you would deem it fit to remove such a nascent and inherently basic feature that you offered earlier. Is is just to mess with us? Even if its experimental in nature WHY would you do this. This is why I believe its best not to update an older app with everything working just fine.  We really ALL ought to do something about this, if Spotify doesn't rectify this and rectify this soon, they really taking us for granted and don't honesty care knowing that were probably all just threatening to leave. When they see a decline or a shift to Apple music or any other music platform is when they will finally wake up from their stubborn slumber. 

Yes, but it doesn't let you see the number of songs in a playlist until you want to add a song, so every time I need to check how many songs I have in a playlist I have to pick a random song that I don't want to add into any playlist, just to see the number of songs I have in a playlist? Seems quite illogical to me!

List I said in one of my earlier post the only thing that happens is one of their Moderators (peter) will send you a generic response to make a suggestion which again means nothing cos this has been going on since June last year (2019) and were nearly at the end of April 2020. The other topic people have discussed extensively is to bring back the light theme and giving subscribers the option but ZERO action there as well. Sadly they know they are one of the better music platforms out there today and are almost emulating Apples thought process and action plan which is to make a change and force their end users to lump it. This "Too bad" attitude of theirs isn't costing them subscriptions currently, I feel they know that were only talking about leaving but their numbers are growing so they don't really care. I feel, if we all consciously voice our opinion, give them an opportunity to redeem themselves and then really stop using their services and switch to either Apple music or another platform, thats when they will start to understand and probably take action. Until that point they are going to be complacent to say the least!!!

You guys clearly don't care at all about what your subscribers want or like so until the ability to see track counts for playlists are re-enabled again and you get rid of this 'hide the song' option which is completely pointless, I will cancelling my Spotify Premium subscription. It really hurts considering how important this app was to me and how much time I've spent putting my music here... but hurray for "improving" right? Just leave stuff alone.... the website was perfect fine long ago. 

Its really sad what Spotify are upto. I even posted on Twitter and they got back to me saying please vote for this and they would take it into consideration if enough people voted for it.. Why they **bleep** should I do that? First vote and then sit back with baited breath hoping that enough people voted for the things I did and that they reach the magic number they're looking for so that in their next update we finally see this back. Its absolutely insane for them to do this.
Sad part is that they have become too big for their boots unfortunately, which wasn't the case earlier. They're taking the Apple mode of updates and trial and error just to muck about with their existing customers. If you do however cancel with them Apple music's your only other stable and similar platform to stream music. Keep me posted please with what you eventually do. I think if enough of us actually leave and do so with letting them know why, they might wake up and smell the coffee FINALLY!

Hello friend... 

I don't know what to say. It's terrible, the track count was The most important feature for me. You see I wrote a.. I forgot what it's called idea exchange or some **bleep**? because I didn't know how to message Spotify moderators directly so I figured that was the best way to go about it. Hopefully it actually Goes to to them but i'm not entirely sure if it does or not. I explained how I literally add to each of my playlists only until 1000 songs so that my playlists don't become unbearable to scroll through and there's always a chance you could hear every song at some point playing through shuffle. It's the way i've always done it ever since I first started using Spotify (back when it was decent), how am I supposed to do it now? They want me to count every single song individually?.... I don't think so it takes long enough just adding all of the music I know. 

Why should we have to band together to VOTE for super basic features? they can't see how stupid that is? They shouldn't be voted for it should Always be a feature on the site because I guarantee you Any person who gets Spotify for the first time and notices they cant see how many tracks are in their entire library or on their playlists are automatically not going to like this app. It's so basic. We shouldn't have to vote and hope for something that never should have went away in the very first place... As I said in my idea exchange message I really don't Want to leave Spotify i've spent so much time already cataloging my music here...... it would be crazy to start over but why would I keep giving them $10+ monthly when they keep gradually making the site worse and worse and less user friendly.... and not caring at all about what their users want when it comes to features? If I can't add my music anymore because I can't tell how many songs are in my playlists I basically can't even use the app anymore.. other than to listen to what I already have... but that isn't fully Using it you know.. it just doesn't seem worth keeping the subscription, plus they really don't deserve it... I just don't know what to do. I'm torn. I don't know if it's possible but you can look up what bit I have on Spotify so far if you're able to search peoples playlists (don't even know if we can do that now with how bad this app has become) my name is William Johnson, I have a furry picture and probably like... 16 playlists now not including the 'liked songs' one. Once you see how much I already have you'll kinda get why I don't want to start over... and I still have a very long way to go with adding but I don't want to do it when I can't see track counts. 

I know what i'm going to do. I don't really want to go to Apple Music because i've read so many bad reviews of it but I am Very unhappy with the "improvements" Spotify keeps making with these disastrous updates... so until they fix what they broke, which for me would be the track counts for the playlists and library and getting rid of the "hide the song" function i'm definitely cancelling my subscription with them. Probably not going to rid of the app though so I can still add to my playlists because I have a very long way to go with that... but so long as they're **bleep**ing up the site and the app and not listening to people about leaving good features alone i'm not giving them any more of my money. That's a definite.

@jwf6464 Lots of people have already brought it up and they are doing nothing about fixing it so i'm going to cancel my Spotify Premium subscription after this month until 1. All of the bad and unnecessary decisions they've made are rectified and more importantly 2. They start actually listening to their customers because they definitely aren't getting the message now. For years now they've been making the site gradually worse and worse with their "updates" that are supposedly making the site "better" with each one. They do the exact opposite. I suggest more people who are on Premium accounts follow my example because trust me Spotify does not care about your words, maybe they'll start to care once we take from their pockets. Sucks that I won't have a music streaming service for who knows how long, but I want it to be enjoyable for everyone and this is the only way to get them to learn. 

1. It seem it's been a couple of weeks since the last post to this troublesome issue with Spotify, many months have passed and Spotify hasn't responded accordingly to our request of reestablishing the count of songs in a playlist. Why only Android platform is suffering this dumb decision from Spotify? I'm thinking seriously to cancel my Premium subscription the same way many others have done recently.

I have accidentally found a way of finding this out. If you download the Android Auto app and then go into the playlists part of your Spotify library you should be able to see the number of songs in each playlist. My apologies if this only works in the UK 

Please bring back this thing...like to keep track of how many downloads in the playlist...so triggering after it was updated😢

Suggested posts