Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t switch to offline mode

Can’t switch to offline mode

Hi all, I realized that playing downloaded podcasts was taking up data on my phone (galaxy note 😎 The spotify support page says I need to switch to offline mode by going to settings then tap “playback”. When I tap playback nothing happens. Please help

7 Replies

Hello @Dfdivino

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To switch on Offline Mode on mobile:

1. Tap Home icon_home.png.
  2. Tap Settings icon_settings.png.
  3. Scroll down to Playback category.
  4. Under Playback switch Offline on. 

For more details on downloads and offline listening, make sure to take a look at this support article

I hope this helps! 

Thanks Emilia, but the problem there is no "offline" option to switch on,
not under "playback" nor anywhere else in the settings screen.

Thanks for clarifying @Dfdivino!

In this case, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify mobile app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know how it goes!

Emilia, I just resintalled the app and there is still no option there to
switch to offline mode! I did the clean reinstall: cleared the data/cache, deleted, restarted phone, reinstall. There’s no offline option everywhere. Very frustrating. 

Hi @Dfdivino, could you let me know if you're using Spotify Free or Premium?

Free

Thank you for confirming @Dfdivino and sorry for not asking about this earlier. 

Currently, it's only possible for Premium users to enable the offline mode. 

So if you're using Spotify Free and your Podcasts are downloaded, the app still might use some data because of the other necessary functionalities. 

You can try using the airplane mode in your phone or restricting Spotify's data access permissions to minimize the data use. 

If offline mode for Free users is something that you're interested in, you're always welcome to submit an idea for this in the Idea Exchange. 

For more details on how to do it, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂 

Suggested posts