Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot get to the Now Playing screen

Cannot get to the Now Playing screen

Sometimes when I am playing music, I have no way of getting to the Now Playing screen.

So I can't pause or skip/rewind my music, turn shuffle on or off, or do other things that I can only do from the Now Playing screen.

Normally there is that bar across the bottom (I think) that I can press to get to the Now Playing screen, but it is not there now.  I am a premium user listening in offline mode.

Is there some menu shortcut to get to the Now Playing screen or something?

10 Replies

What device, android and spotify versions are you using?

Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300T)

Android 4.1.2

Spotify 0.7.5.698

Note I just went back online with my phone and the bar across the bottom reappeared so I can to the Now Playing screen.  And going back offline didn't make it disappear, so maybe going offline is a red herring.

It shouldn't happen at all. A quick reinstall should fix this but you will lose any downloaded playlists and have to redownload them.

Thanks, but I was hoping someone from Spotify would acknowledge this and fix it.

In the meantime, my workaround is to use my Samsung headphones buttons to pause and fast-forward, but that only works when I listen using headphones.

You can use the contact form to get direct support but, unless all S3 owners start complaining that they have the same issue, it's likely to be something peculiar to your own configurationa and reinstalling is the first step in troubleshooting.

Does simply force quitting the app and relaunching make a difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was having this same problem this morning and found this thread -- a force-stop and restart did make the now-playing bar reappear (for now anyway).  I'm also using an S3.

Same issue here... Xperia Z1 compact. Annoying.

@AdLentis wrote:

Same issue here... Xperia Z1 compact. Annoying.

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks, that worked. I'm guessing that killing the app would have worked as well. The playback bar just didn't appear anymore. The only way to access the pause button was via the notification area. Sounds like a bug which is difficult to solve, since it is hard to reproduce it.

Suggested posts