Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play music

Solved!

Cannot play music

I have been using Spotify (without premium) for several months with my LG G5. Yesterday every time I pressed the play button a message that says “get premium now to play ad free music everywhere”. I checked internet connection and it was fine. Tried uninstall the app then reinstall it again and the same problem happened after a day. What should i do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Chengcharmaine. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

The issue you got there sounds not really cool, but have you tried logging in on another device and see if you are still being prompted of that message? 

Though you are currently on a Free service, you should still be able to play songs by selecting Shuffle Play in a playlist with ads. If that isn't the case, have you tried the Premium trial here?

If you have already done this and still no luck, please do a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created on your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from the phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
  2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:
  • /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

1. Reinstall from the Play Store.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not by any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful; that’s it!***

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @Chengcharmaine. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

The issue you got there sounds not really cool, but have you tried logging in on another device and see if you are still being prompted of that message? 

Though you are currently on a Free service, you should still be able to play songs by selecting Shuffle Play in a playlist with ads. If that isn't the case, have you tried the Premium trial here?

If you have already done this and still no luck, please do a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created on your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from the phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
  2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:
  • /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

1. Reinstall from the Play Store.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not by any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful; that’s it!***

Thanks for your advice. After posting the message here i reinstall spotify again. This time it worked and i can play music on my mobile device now.
So what u suggested actually works

Suggested posts