Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot save songs in my Micro SD

Cannot save songs in my Micro SD

I've followed the steps below in two opportunities and I didn't get the songs I saved in my external memory.

- Go to System Settings

- Go to "Apps" 

- Find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"

- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.

- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.

- After uninnstalling, power off your device.

- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.

- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

8 Replies

What device and version of Android are you using?

I'm using Motorola Moto G 2 and Android 5.0.2

This worked for me with Android 5.0 : 

Repeat the uninstall and delete cache and folder process that you listed in your 1st post.

Do not re-install Spotify yet.

First you need to fill the internal memory until there is 1Gb or slightly less of free space remaining (enough free space to reinstall the Spotify app).  This is done easiest/fastest by loading big files such as films or photos via USB from PC.

The objective of this is 'convince' the Spotify app that the only viable large memory space available is the SD card.

Now you can reinstall Spotify. Download some music tracks and verify that they are being saved to SD.  Once this is done, you can delete the bloat files that you put in internal memory. Spotify will continue to use the SD.

Seems that it worked. If there is any problem, I'll report. Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Happy listening.

If anyone with Android 6 Marshmallow has tried or could try the 'internal memory bloat' trick, I would really like to know if it does or does not work for Marshmallow.

woodandrew90, Thank you very much! I had tried everything, and just their actual orientation resulted in success! Brazil's greetings to you! Peace! Android version 5.1.1 + Sony Xperia Z3 Dual

Dears, good morning! I realized that the above procedure solved my problem iniciaal but swore me another. After completion of the procedures as mentioned above, Spotify began to understand my micro SD for standard storage location. However, my albums and playlits were not saved "permanently." Whenever necessiatav restart the application, I had to download all the music again. I try to redo the whole procedure again from the beginning, and I ended up returning to problem reporting at the beginning. Spotify again failed to recognize the micro SD storage as standard, even relizando the internal memory occupation process, leaving apenas1GB space. Am I still can count on someone to help around here? = /

The same thing happened to me. Not sure, but I guess this started after the download of the updated version.

Suggested posts