Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Car Mode switching playlists

Car Mode switching playlists

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Operating System: Android 13

My Question or Issue

Okay, so I have a weird question. When I jump into my car in the morning, and turn on Spotify, it jumps into Car Mode (no issues with that) automatically switches to my "Liked" songs and starts playing shuffled. I'd like to stop this behaviour and let the app keep me on my current playlist.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere, or is this just another example of Spotify thinking it knows what I want to listen to better than I do, and I have to suck it up?
7 Replies

Hey there @patchwolf,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending some screenshots of what you see on your mobile device? That way, we can better understand what's happening on your side.

On another note, would you mind sending us a video recording of what you see on your mobile device when the app goes automatically connected to your car? You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, make sure to send us the exact Spotify version you're running there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am having exactly the same issue. 
I’m running version 8.8.88 on an iPhone SE in the United States. 
it’s been happening since about the 1st of November. 

I'm having the same issue, but on my iPhone 13 running version 8.8.88.445, and even outside of "car mode", sometimes. 

IMG_6208.PNG
IMG_6209.PNG

This is happening to me too - Spotify Premium in NZ running on iOS, 8.8.88.445. It will connect to car mode and play what I was playing before, then switch to my Liked songs on shuffle, a playlist I never listen to. Only started happening early-mid November 2023. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for the reports!

As a workaround here, we can try disabling the automatic playback when you're entering your vehicle.

On Android, try toggling off the 'Play music automatically' in your Android Auto app as shown in this post's solution.
For iOS, see if the proposed solution from @JBEARVII here would help out!

Keep us posted on how things go 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same problem, in listening to a podcast at home. Turn off my speaker, get into the car and once I open Spotify It changes to something completely random I did no select 

I have a similar problem. The past couple of days, when my Android phone has been automatically connecting to my car's bluetooth and then I open Spotify to continue listening to a podcast episode, a. completely different and random podcast episode will start playing. It's infuriating. All I want to do is continue listening to what I've already been listening to.

I'm on Android 14, Spotify app version 8.8.94.577.

Suggested posts