Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - JVC kwv230bt 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Have suddenly been unable to control the phone on the car Stereo..

Used to be able to skip tracks, pause etc but cannot do anything suddenly? 

This is via Bluetooth and USB  

12 Replies

Same here, has been wonky since 2 updates ago, now it stopped working all together. 

Moto Z Play on Android 8

Still haven't figured out a solution...

I re-installed Spotify and that seemed to have fixed it for a couple of days, but after 2 days it just stopped working again. My current hypothesis is that other apps that do bluetooth streaming interfere; I've uninstalled Sonos and will check if this fixes it.

Exact same problem since a few weeks, before that it all worked fine.

Skipping a song while im driving shouldnt really require me to access my phone, unlock the screen, go to spotify and find the little 'skip track'button.....

Still no result for me   

Can get it to skip 1 or 2 tracks initially before it stops. . .

When will Spotify fix this? 

Still **bleep**ed . . 

Same....

And just like that its working again....yay!

Still broken here :'(

The weird thing is Spotify is now constantly claiming that it's "connected with Waze" with a permanent notification, while I don't even have Waze installed.

I think I have found a way to restore the functionality, but it's very cumbersome:

1. Start Spotify
  2. Disable bluetooth
  3. Go to developer options, running services and kill any running Spotify service and cached process
  4. Go to app settings and stop the Spotify process
  5. Re-enable bluetooth and reconnect

This has worked 2 times now but failed this morning. Usually this only works until the next time my device is connected to the car stereo. I have no idea what's going on to be honest.

Hey folks,

Just to let you know that there's a separate thread here where we are gathering more info from users in order to investigate this issue.

Make sure to head over it and leave the requested info. We'll make sure to keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Still not working for me.... 

Paying full subscription for a broken app... 

Updated spotify app and now controls in my cat stopped working.. Is tgere a solution already?? 

Suggested posts