Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car view: Keep the screen on

Can you make this option available for us? Car view doesn't make sense if the screen turns off while we are driving.

Thank you

4 Replies

Hey @AldenChapman.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try going to your devices system settings and changing the settings that makes your display go off after a while.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hello @Guido.

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately that's not a solution, my phone batery would be dead before 1PM (or sooner) if I do that, and would be even worst if I have to enable or disable that option in my device every time I get in or get out of my car (in order to save batery life).

Enabling this option in Spotify would be nice and helpful for all the community.

Thank you!

Hey @AldenChapman.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Feel free to create an idea in the Ideas Exchange. It's where our devs look at what the users want to see the most in the app.

Your battery wouldn't have to suffer from your screen not switching off automatically. You would just need to remember to switch the screen of yourself when you are done using your phone.

Alright let us know if you have further questions. We'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Completely agree! Car mood should act the same way as navigation apps do by staying on during the entire drive. Having the user disable the screen from auto shutting off ALL THE TIME is clunky and will definitely lead to lots of prematurely dead batteries.

Suggested posts