Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain playlists not syncing between devices. Help!

Certain playlists not syncing between devices. Help!

Plan

Premium

Country

Iceland

Device

(Samsung Galaxy)

My Question or Issue

I was unable to see songs songs on my phone that I added on my computer from local files to an old playlist. I then tried adding songs that were not from local files but were in the spotify database and it still did not sync. I could not see the songs in my phone that I added to my playlist from my computer. Then I tried creating a new playlist and adding songs both from local files and from the database and both worked. I could now see the songs in my phone as well as my computer. Why is this? Only certain playlists are syncing between devices but not others. Very frustrating. Spotify in general just does not seem to work very well on android. Thanks.

3 Replies

I'm having a similar issue. I added local files to a playlist on my laptop and my phone can see the playlist but not the songs (the playlist is on download option btw) so they are not downloading. I allowed unavailable songs to be seen and they are still not showing on the playlist. So I then added a random song on spotify to that playlist and it does not even show on the playlist on the laptop, so it's as if the playlists are not syncing at all. I also tried it the other way, added a random song on spotify from my laptop to the playlist and even then that does not show on the playlist on my phone.

I'm on the same private WiFi network and have the latest app versions installed on each device and my firewall allows sharing. I've been at this for 6 hours with no luck.

Hi folks,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your posts. 

We'd like to make sure if you've tried reinstalling the apps with these steps, as they are more detailed and will leave your devices free of old cache files. After this, make sure to download the app from the Microsoft Store and synchronize your files again.

If it still doesn't work, please let us know if you're also having issues synchronizing songs from your regular playlists that don't contain any local files. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have done 3 clean reinstalls, the apps were downloaded from the Google Play Store and the Microsoft Store respectively. Caches were cleared. Both devices were restarted. Firewall permissions are there for both public and private WiFi networks. Devices were on the same network and I tried mobile hotspotting as well. I've also tried moving the local files to other folders and none of these have solved the problem.

Please advise further.

Suggested posts