Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain song doesn't play on Spotify anymore

Solved!

Certain song doesn't play on Spotify anymore

I was recently playing a song on spotify called "Blueberry faygo". I paused the song and locked the phone and then after a few minutes unlocked the phone and tried to play the song and it wouldn't play. It kept saying "this song is not available" even though I was playing it a few minutes ago. I was offline using spotify premium. It was also removed from my playlist and removed from my liked songs. Anyone else having a similar problem? 

Screenshot_20200106-211911_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @NatalieYT, thanks for posting your question and welcome to the community! I just tried looking up that song, and when I go to the album the song is grayed out, meaning this song has likely been removed due to licensing and/or regional restriction issues. Since you mentioned that you were previously listening to it offline, it sounds like once you reconnected to the Spotify servers, it was updated to reflect the licensing change.

That said, if you'll go to your settings in your Android app, you will find an option to "show unplayable songs." If you'll just make sure that is turned on, you should find that the song still appears in your playlists and will simply be grayed out to indicate it's currently unplayable. If you'll leave it in your playlist, it should become available whenever it is restored to the Spotify catalog.

See here for more information on why songs may become unplayable.

Hope that helps, but let me know if any further questions!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @NatalieYT, thanks for posting your question and welcome to the community! I just tried looking up that song, and when I go to the album the song is grayed out, meaning this song has likely been removed due to licensing and/or regional restriction issues. Since you mentioned that you were previously listening to it offline, it sounds like once you reconnected to the Spotify servers, it was updated to reflect the licensing change.

That said, if you'll go to your settings in your Android app, you will find an option to "show unplayable songs." If you'll just make sure that is turned on, you should find that the song still appears in your playlists and will simply be grayed out to indicate it's currently unplayable. If you'll leave it in your playlist, it should become available whenever it is restored to the Spotify catalog.

See here for more information on why songs may become unplayable.

Hope that helps, but let me know if any further questions!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts