Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Shuffle Play button

Solved!

Change Shuffle Play button

Is there any way to change the Shuffle Play button to just say Play or just remove it altogether?

I never want to use Shuffle Play.  Why is it there?  I'm fine with the order in which songs are arrange on an album or play list.  I honestly do not understand the point of shuffling songs.  It's annoying that it always says Shuffle Play in the middle of the screen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sotomo, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Shuffle is used to mix up what plays next. Great for long playlists, switching up your listening, or when you just don’t feel like following orders.

You can also read this FAQ for more about this feature 🙂

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea to change that in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Sotomo, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Shuffle is used to mix up what plays next. Great for long playlists, switching up your listening, or when you just don’t feel like following orders.

You can also read this FAQ for more about this feature 🙂

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea to change that in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hey @Sotomo, welcome to the community!

Hope your well! 

I’ll be more than happy to help. You can follow these steps in this support article: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/the_basics/shuffle/ 🙂 This should help you turn Shuffle mode on and off. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi.  Thank you.  I will submit this to the Idea Submissions like you said.  I just don't get t.  A big button in the middle of the screen that I will never use.

Thanks

I went over to Idea Submissions and see that Idea has already been submitted. 

541 people took time ot of their day to seach for this idea and upvote it, yet Spotify still has done nothing about it.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Remove-the-Shuffle-Play-Button/idi-p/730903

@Sotomo -

Thanks for letting me know, and for the feedback. If Spotify have anything to share on this idea, rest assured they'll keep everyone informed there.

< edited >

@Loxer -

Sorry, I replied, and that’s when I saw your reply. My apologies.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts