Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing the Volume while not being on the App

Changing the Volume while not being on the App

Hello, I use a OnePlus 8 Pro with android 12. I know that it used to be possible to change the volume of spotify connect on other devices, while not being on the spotify app. But somehow, now it is not possible anymore? Does anyone know if there are some settings for that? I used to love that feature and not using it now feels like a downgrade. 

1 Reply

Hey @florianbuehlmeier, welcome to the community, and thanks for your post! I've noticed this change in behavior recently as well, and I'm also running Android 12 on my device. Unfortunately, there is not a setting in Spotify itself to control this, and I feel like this may be more of an Android/device specific issue. I did a bit of research and found that there have been some issues that led to Google removing this type of casting volume control from Android 12, and it seems like the Connect volume controls kind of piggy backed off of that feature when outside of the Spotify app, so the issue is likely related to whatever is happening with that. I do hope it gets added back, but I'm sure a lot of this depends on Google as well as individual device manufacturers.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts