Chromecast Premium feature?

Solved!

Chromecast Premium feature?

Vortexmind
Music Fan
Hi

I have noticed that the Chromecast streaming feature from the Spotify Android player seem to have recently become for premium accounts only - or at least this is what I read in the app when attempting to connect to it.

However looking at this page https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/play_on_stereo_tv_car/chromecast-steps-and-setup/ I can see that the Chromecast on TV is also for free accounts.

Can you confirm if this is correct?

Thanks
--
Paolo
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Chromecast Premium feature?

Joe
Community Legend

According to the FAQ, For: "Premium and Free for Chromecast on your TV. Premium for Chromecast Audio."

View solution in original post

Solution!

Joeisaloser
Or you could open Google home app then go to the top left corner and click on " cast screen / audio" then stream audio from any app.

8 Replies
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

According to the FAQ, For: "Premium and Free for Chromecast on your TV. Premium for Chromecast Audio."

Vortexmind
Music Fan
Exactly, however I do not have the Chromecast Audio but I still can not use it anymore since one of the most recent updates.
--
Paolo

Joe
Community Legend

Vortexmind
Music Fan
Funnily enough, after trying again it works.
--
Paolo

Joe
Community Legend

I hope it stays that way 🙂

carlosb

It's still broken for me. Can't cast to a Chromecast 2 from either phone or desktop anymore, was working 2 days ago.

Solution!

Joeisaloser
Or you could open Google home app then go to the top left corner and click on " cast screen / audio" then stream audio from any app.

Montanaskiers
Go to "My Library" and then "settings" in the spotify app and select the "local Wi-Fi only option. This fixed my issue.
SUGGESTED POSTS