Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Premium feature?

Solved!

Chromecast Premium feature?

Hi

I have noticed that the Chromecast streaming feature from the Spotify Android player seem to have recently become for premium accounts only - or at least this is what I read in the app when attempting to connect to it.

However looking at this page https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/play_on_stereo_tv_car/chromecast-steps-and-setup/ I can see that the Chromecast on TV is also for free accounts.

Can you confirm if this is correct?

Thanks
--
Paolo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

According to the FAQ, For: "Premium and Free for Chromecast on your TV. Premium for Chromecast Audio."

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Or you could open Google home app then go to the top left corner and click on " cast screen / audio" then stream audio from any app.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

According to the FAQ, For: "Premium and Free for Chromecast on your TV. Premium for Chromecast Audio."

Exactly, however I do not have the Chromecast Audio but I still can not use it anymore since one of the most recent updates.
--
Paolo

Funnily enough, after trying again it works.
--
Paolo

I hope it stays that way 🙂

It's still broken for me. Can't cast to a Chromecast 2 from either phone or desktop anymore, was working 2 days ago.

Marked as solution

Or you could open Google home app then go to the top left corner and click on " cast screen / audio" then stream audio from any app.

Go to "My Library" and then "settings" in the spotify app and select the "local Wi-Fi only option. This fixed my issue.

Suggested posts