Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to Spotify Notification

Connecting to Spotify Notification

Hey everyone, I just noticed an odd notification start popping up on my phone and I'm not sure why it's there. 

At random times throughout the day, regardless of what applications are open, I'll get a notificaiton that says "Connecting to Spotify", as you can see in the picture attatched. The notification can't be dismissed, but always goes away after a little bit. It just keeps doing that, popping up and then disappearing. I only noticed it recently, probably after the most recent update (I'm running version 8.4.78.530).

Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20181108-205218.png
23 Replies

Any News on how to fix this? Its driving me nuts!!

Its getting to the point that we might unsubscribe and delete the app, if i dont have the app constantly in 'offline mode' while i'm away from the wifi it chews through some of my data!!!! its frustrating!!!!

Come on Spotify, really? I mean, REALLY?! Your app is eating through my battery like it has a sudden case of diarrhea and the issue has been around for months without a fix. Please FFS, fix it! If I get anymore desperate I'll have to decompile the app and find the defect for you, but wouldn't that be kind of embarrassing?

This is on:

T-Mobile Samsung S7 (SM-G930T)

Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)

Build: R16NW.G930TUVS8CRL1 (December 1st, 2018 Security Patch level, although it happened on the version before this one too.)

Using a Pebble paired to my phone too, which I believe uses the status broadcasting feature (e.g. For what you're currently listening to) from Spotify, but not sure. 

I hardly use it on my phone, but I commonly have the desktop app open on my computer at home which stays on 24/7, so maybe that has something to do with it? 

That's all the info I have and my preferences aren't really anything crazy. 

Started happening when I installed Spotify on my Galaxy Smart Watch. Might be coincidence.

Solved / worked around the problem:

. Hold press the app

. App Settings

. Notifications 

Switched them off! 👍 

I don't know if this helps, but I have the same problem, but I have a Fitbit charge 3, which is one you cant download any apps on. I see that most people say it happens to them when it's on a galaxy watch which you can download the app on. I did, however have the galaxy fit 2 for a while, but I never had that happen to me. I did have it randomly open completely and start paying music when I had the app on the gear fit 2. This happens on my galaxy s8. I don't want to turn off notifications because that would stop the player from being in my notifications when I play music on my phone, and that's way too inconvenient for me, because I use spotify all the time. 

Suggested posts