Crackling when connected to bluetooth

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

GOOGLE PIXEL 2

My Question or Issue

Never used to have the problem but the past couple of days when I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth I get intermittent crackling whilst listening to music. I have deleted and reinstalled Spotify and also tried removing my phone as a paired device in my car but it still doesn't work

5 Replies

Hey @Laudley997,

Welcome to the community!

Let's see if we can get this fixed. Just to check, do you get the crackling noise if you're listening to Spotify through any other devices/headphones? Also, what's the make of the bluetooth speaker you use in the card?

Keep us posted, 

/T

Hi, yeah I get it on other devices and I'm not too sure about what make the speaker is in the car.

Hi @Laudley997,

Does the crackling happen if you play just the speaker on your Pixel?

It's worth resetting your offline devices to see if this helps. To do so, just head to Offline Devices on your Account Overview and click the 'Remove All Devices' button. As a heads up, you'll need to redownload your offline tracks once you click the button - so it's best to do this when you have access to WiFi. 

Let us know if this helps,

/T

Hey that offline devices link doesn't work now can you find and send a new one please?

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The option to remove offline devices from the account overview page is no longer active. Don't worry. We can try with some other troubleshooting steps.

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

It's also a good idea to check these steps. Does this happen also when you try connecting via Bluetooth with another device?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts