Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crash when trying to share

Crash when trying to share

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

App crashes when trying to share song

10 Replies

Hi @haideft

Spotify support is aware of this and investigating. You can view the current status and post your feedback on the ongoing issue. Please do so, it will help in resolving the issue faster.

Have a great day 🙂

I started having this issue yesterday.  Tried all of the above with no luck.

Me too... except when I try to share a playlist... app just closes. And does it on multiple devices and different playlists.

I had the same issue, S9 premium user. I deleted Facebook Messenger and can now share 

Uninstalling FB messenger also resolved the issue for me.

One Plus 5T

Android Version: 8.1.0

Same here, click share and app closes/crash.

FFS Spotify, Premium uses or free, things should be right.... Basic service feature failure.

Bank holiday, spotify probably Drinking Beer and not giving a dam....

I got the same problem.

Tried to deinstall Facebook Messenger as some People suggested, now it works.
Well time to finally kill off facebook.

Still this is a huge issue.

What I'd like to know is if anyone else has general stability issues with the app like songs stop at random times, the "notification" where you can change your music or the lock screen option disappearing.

Hey,

I have the same problem on Android 8.0.0 (device: Motorola G6), but what if I do not want do deinstall Facebook messenger cause I want/need to use it? I think this is not a proper solution, it is a huge bug!

I've had this problem now for days! I use a Google Nexus 5x on android 8.1.0. I don't use Facebook Messenger so deïnstalling it won't help anything. Does anyone have another solution?

Thank you.

I can't understand what's been going on with this app for the past 6 months or so. It was fine the entirety of 2017 when I used the free version but since I started paying I've had nothing but problems. This sharing thing being the newest. I understand when you click share it brings up anything on your device that you can share to but how does this app being updated have something to do with a separate messenger app that you may not even be trying to share to? If messenger is the problem why can't I share elsewhere? Makes no sense but with all the other issues with this app lately it doesn't surprise me that these idiots **bleep** something up yet again.

Suggested posts