Premium

Country

India

Device

Oneplus 5

Operating System

Android pie

My Question or Issue

I am an Indian user of Spotify and got a premium plan. I get only 2 playlist of daily mixes and same songs i got everyday even if i dislike them. I think if i dislike a song it shouldn't be in my suggestion again. And you should provide a range of songs daily according to my activity. Please look into it coz it is really boring with same songs daily.

22 Replies

I've never seen a Like nor Dislike function in Spotify.  Using the Android app, the desktop app or the web player.  There is only the heart icon which is a "save to your library" function.  It saves the song to your "liked" from radio playlist.  There is a "hide" button.  No "dislike".  I've had the song "Flow" from Katastro at the top of my Daily Mix playlist for months.  Finally had to "hide" it b/c Spotify made me sick of a song I once liked.  It's like listening to corporate radio.  Same songs all the time.  Listen to your customers.  You're not providing a mix.  You're rarely offering anything new unless we click/tap around while songs are playing, which is not a good idea while driving.

You people have been putting SATANIC MASS episodes into my Daily Mix of 60s smooth rock every single day. The only way to remove them is to “hide” them and yet they still pop up the next day, sometimes with more. My playlist went from being large to being like 5 songs and the rest are hidden because you don’t allow us to remove them or make them stop coming onto our account. You people are literally pushing The Church of **bleep** into my daily playlist like wth is wrong with this company. Then in these forums, you’re blaming us. Fix it. I have logged out, deleted and reinstalled the app, and I have done everything I can do try to block the episodes and music I do not want while engaging with things I do want. I make music, I listen to music, and I curate playlists so don’t give me the excuse of “needing to widen the variety of music being interacted with” because I interact with several different genres constantly and it has been consistent for years. If you can’t even make the playlists actually curated for your customers or allow them to edit them: then you may as well remove the feature altogether because it is absolutely ridiculous how obnoxious it works and you people gaslight your customers every time they ask for help or suggest things. As if we’re not the money in your pockets. 

If you are getting the same songs in your daily mixes, I have a few tips for you:

1. use the liked playlist as your main playlist if you want to hear more songs like that in your daily mixes once you are sick of that song remove it from your liked playlist.

2. do not create a single playlist with tons of songs in it, or it will pick from the same pool of songs constantly as you are making the algorithm's job easier.

3. listen to a variety of songs from different artists if you constantly listen to Taylor Swift for example, it will recommend Taylor Swift songs.

4. The recommended songs will not change overnight but as you listen to different songs the algorithm will learn your tastes and adapt accordingly.

Suggested posts