Premium

Country

USA

Device

Note 9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

My default storage location always resets to internal from SD card after every reboot. I can switch it back to SD card but it'll just change back to internal after I reboot my phone. It's gotten to the point that I don't want to download my playlists anymore because a reboot of my phone will move the default back to internal and then I have to select SD card to transfer everything over again.  I've tried uninstalling the app and then deleting the offline devices in my profile but this still persists. Not sure what has happened recently that has caused this and its very disappointing. The ongoing  notification issue was recently fixed and then another issue takes its place for me. This only happens with Spotify. I also have Apple Music and Google Play Music and they both retain the SD storage selection after reboot. It seems like others are having this issue too but no response to this from Spotify yet? 

4 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Default storage location resets after restart, Note 9

GianlucAndretta
Casual Listener

having the same problem too , truly annoying

kupkrazy
Casual Listener

They've had me run through the usual things like deleting this and reinstalling that until they finally said that they are working on a fix.  I think they said that just so I would stop complaining.  It's super annoying because I can't save my playlist music anymore to my phone because of this stupid bug.  

Forced to use Apple Music and Google Play music to save my downloaded playlists now.

miragelio

Same problem .... with Galaxy S9!

GianlucAndretta
Casual Listener

Do you guys have any shortcuts of a playlist to the home screen ? I removed my shortcuts from the launcher and now the problem seems "fixed". It's still annoying that I cannot add any shortcuts for now , but that's better than nothing.

SUGGESTED POSTS