Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device management gone ???

Device management gone ???

Spotify found something new to disappoint premium users.

The device management (to manage which files to have off line) is gone without a warning.

PS: When I play a song from my Walkman, the PC version shows what the walkman is playing.

So the connection is there and some drunk developer deleted the menu option to manage the contents remotely.

Don't forget: Premium users have to be on line to listen to music off line.
3 Replies

PS: I suggested this before.

Can Spotify start to fire people until Spotify employes grasp the concept of respecting paying customers?

Just to convey that message as Spotify staff keeps resisting the paying customers?

Please?

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry, I mean the menu where you can manage off line content remotely.

This is a good example of premium content.

I find it mind boggling that at Spotify they have no clue about good practices. Why is there no change management, no testing?

All basic IT-management is missing in this company.

Absolutely no surprise to me that Spotify is unable to become a profitable company.

1. No respect for premium customers.

2. No IT practices in place.

Suggested posts