Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device needs updating

Device needs updating

Recently started receiving these messages saying I have to update my device. I am running Android 7.0 on a stock galaxy note 5. There is currently no upgrade and message says greater than 4.1. Duh! Anyone getting this Screenshot attached
Screenshot_20180505-095537.png
19 Replies

Same here. I'm on Android 8.0 on Galaxy s8+ (att)

Galaxy S7, Android 7.0.  I'm getting the same notification.

Same here, Huawei P Smart

Same here ✌ is anoying... What is good about it is that we can close the notification

Same on a Lenovo Tab3. The more I find out about Spotify the more I think they lack quality .the app uses over 1GB of data in a week even though I only stream & never download. Now this, bit poor. Maybe time to try another service.

This is an issue on LG V30+. Bummed.

Sony Xperia xz1 as well .

Yep have this on my Samsung S9 (Android 😎 and on my Huawei Mediatab T3 10 (Android 7 I think). It's intermittent but clearly incorrect.

Tried deleting all app data on the S9 but no difference.

This looks like a recently introduced bug affecting a small number of android platforms. I can imagine that having to dismiss this notification every time you launch the app is a PITA. I recommend everyone contacts Spotify direct, linking them to this thread. Contact information is on their About page.

Same here. Note 8. I can't update any further. It's updated as much as it will update. Lol. 

Same for me. I'm running Android 8.0.0 on a Galaxy A3. 

I am now wondering if this is as a result of logging in on an old device at some point. I am going to remove all devices from my settings (some entries went back to 2017) and see if that makes any difference.

Sounds plausible. Let us know what happens.

Reported on line to Spotify. They reset my connections and got me to reinstall app.  I did use an old tablet for spotify years ago so maybe that was "ghosting" in the background. Will see if it comes back but all good for now.

You may be right. Went online with Spotify and they reset my connections, message gone (for now?)

Unfortunately, if that's the issue, it's not going to be helpful.  I sign in with multiple old devices - I use them as home stereo systems.  One in the kids room, one in my painting area.

Message is back!

For those of you still having this problem I have found a possible solution. Going into the Apps manager and enabling the apps "phone" and "storage" permissions (these may not be named the same on your device) manually seems to have at least disabled the message for me. Tried killing the app through app manager as well as restarting the phone and there is no red banner when starting it up again.

Still happenin for me on and off Will give this a go Cheers

Suggested posts