Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difference between download and offline.

Solved!

Difference between download and offline.

On my playlists I have the option to download for use whle offline. Then there is trhe offline mode. I can toggle the offline mode on/off in my settings, or toggle it for each individual playlist. I understand that offline downloads this music for use offline, so what is the difference between the two? I notice offline mode is available for 30 days and is limited to 3,333 songs. Is this the same limitation for a playlist that I simply download? If I toggle offline mode to 'on' in the main settings I assume it will start downloading all my playlists. Is this correct? I now there are several threads regarding offline mode, but most explanations are rather vague. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, you've got the gist of it: 'offline mode' simply prevents Spotify from using data, so you can only listen to offline playlists.

When Spotify is 'online', it doesn't download all the data for all playlists, only the ones that you have marked 'offline'. It then streams (via your data connection/WiFi) for any song you listen to that is not marked online.

Hope that clears it up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes, you've got the gist of it: 'offline mode' simply prevents Spotify from using data, so you can only listen to offline playlists.

When Spotify is 'online', it doesn't download all the data for all playlists, only the ones that you have marked 'offline'. It then streams (via your data connection/WiFi) for any song you listen to that is not marked online.

Hope that clears it up!

Yes that cleared it up. Thank you!

Suggested posts