Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

Solved!

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

Is there anyway to disable spotify from having my Microsoft Sync in my Ford from being solely controlled through the car? It's entirely bothersome to try and navigate through my car to get to a different artist or playlist when I could just do it easily through my phone.

On my end, my mustang has no nav, and I cannot find any way to disable Sync from completely controlling my phone's spotify app. All it shows is the spotify logo with an arrow to a Ford logo. Super annoying.

246 Replies

Seriously, [mod edit: snip]

@HomicidalDwarf wrote:
Dude chill. It's annoying but no need to get aggressive like that...

We should be getting agressive at this point. This issue has been on the forums since the weekend and there have been no replies from Spotify staff to even acknowledge they are aware of the issue. We pay a good chunk of money every month to enjoy this service, so at the very least they can respond to us. They are kinda acting like <snip> at this point so I think his comment is more than justified....

@jariis wrote:

I have a solution:

In my 2014 fiesta with Sync 1 i can disable apps from with in the interface in Sync (menu - Sync applications - Mobile apps - app settings - all apps - disable all
This seems to turn off the spotify link and enable normal navigation in the app

Doesn't work.

Is there a way to contact them? Email, phone, anything? I have spent the past couple hours trying everything I possibly can to fix it, and I have found nothing. I love Spotify but if they don't figure this out fast, I'm going to move to another music player..

I tweeted them and they said for safety reasons this is how it currently works and attached this link: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/play_on_stereo_tv_car/ford/
Thanks for nothing Spotify.

Exactly, they can respond... they make millions and millions every dam month so they can afford to pay someone to respond... I bet anything that guy's mom pays for his spotify subscription. We need answers or I am leaving. There is absolutely no reason to not respond to our concerns and worries before they loose customers.

This ridiculous. Have the same issue as everyone else. 2015 F150, phone just shows the screen with the Spotify and Ford logo and does nothing. Can't listen to Spotify in my truck anymore. Also when I leave my truck it still won't function. Have to delete the cache and I lost everything. Had to redownload all my music just for it to happen again. Fix this ASAP or I'll be switching to google play.

That stupid article even shows the person in the passenger seat h ok using the phone with the stupid applink screen. Like did they not even think that maybe the passenger would be picking the music, I am literally so f'ing PO'd by this BS that I am about to cancel my whole family subscription right now and move to Apple music and Google music.

Wow. You've just lost any customer that drives a Ford...

Heads up - Google play is free for nexus users for 3 months - looks dope and doesn't use Ford sync. Peace out spotify.

But the Spotify app on Sync doesn't even work!!! Even if I want to use their applink I can't!!

Everyone start posting on socail media to force spotify/ ford to address this. We need to get the word out!

Go Team!!!

So here's what I've donever to work around it. Open the task drawer and Close the app while it's playing a song using the regular Bluetooth connection. Not the sync app. Open spotify again, open the task drawer again. And close it. Repeat until the regular spotify is back. If you leave the app the Ford spotify bull **bleep** will reappear. If that doesn't work go into your Bluetooth setting on what you have allowed sync to use. Phone calls and messaging, turn that off. Sync will say phone disconnected but the music will resume. Restart the app and it should be working. Hope this work around works out. And if that doesn't work try updating sync

@todezwood wrote:

Everyone start posting on socail media to force spotify/ ford to address this. We need to get the word out!

Go Team!!!

Yup, just did that! Only way to get these **bleep**ers to take us seriously....

Who in their right mind would mark this as solved?

Also, this issue really needs attention soon.

I've got mine to work like this:
Open spotify and link to sync. Then when the ford sign shows up close app and the force stop app in app management in settings. Then reopen spotify and it should work. You haven't do this EVERY FUKKING TIME YOU TURN YOU CAR ON AND OFF!!! BULL SH1T HACK FORCES UPON US BY DIP SH1TS!

BTW I have a A HTC m8 phone and that's how I doos it

Tried renaming SYNC as something else for bluetooth, restarted my phon and Spotify. I still get the Spotify+Ford Logo. This is NOT a workable solution.

I give it a week to see if they respond or release an update to disable Ford Sync control. Otherwise, I'm moving to Google Play. It's a darn shame- I've been a premium user for 3 years.

Try force closing the spotify app while connected to sync then reopen it and it should work. I've been doing it all day... it's a bullsh1t hack but still works

I have tried that and it does not work. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5

Hey guys, what I tried doing is uninstalling the app and downloading an older version of spotify. I will keep you posted if this works or not. I am guessing it should

Suggested posts