Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disabling Spotify Connect

Disabling Spotify Connect

Since a few days I am experiencing problems with playback on both my smartphone and my desktop PC caused by Spotify Connect.

When I play music on my PC, playback randomly pauses and switches to a random song from the same or another playlist. Sometimes it coincides with unlocking my phone when I e.g. write an SMS or when a new Facebook message arrives. I didn't open Spotify on my smartphone, I even tried to keep it closed down.

It explicitely does not help to select my device on the smartphone (Settings -> Spotify Connect -> Available devices -> HTC Sensation). Even more, just when writing this, right after I did select the mobile device there, Spotify on Desktop crashed completely.

Furthermore the Spotify app became quite slow, coinciding with the issues I have with Spotify Connect. Starting the app takes up to 1 minute. I installed both the latest Spotify PC software and Android app.

Using Spotify on my PC became really annoying because playback stops and switches songs constantly. PLEASE provide a simple off-switch for this "feature".

Phone: HTC Senation (first gen), Android 4.3.1, CyanogenMod 10.2-20131028-Albinoman887-pyramid, Spotify 1.7.0.830

PC: Windows 7 x64, i7, 6GB RAM, Spotify 0.9.14.13.gba5645ad

8 Replies

I enjoy the concept, but word for word I am having the exact same issues and it's very annoying. However I should also mention the song it switches to does not show which playlist it is from but it is definitely one of mine (it continues onto other songs of mine but I have several playlists). Furthermore it switches to the song and the song is paused at a random duration. I tried turning off wifi thinking that would disable connect but it didn't work. 

Phone : LG Nexus 5 32GB ,Android 4.4.4, Spotify 1.7.0.830

PC: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, i5-4670, 8GB ram, Spotify 0.9.14.13.gba5645ad

If you download the app Greenify from the Play Store you can use it to stop Spotify from running when you don't need it. It stops Connect from continually relaunching it as well.

Hey @dsach  and welcome to the community!

Please have a look at the following link. It's a submission of our ideas exchange that matches your wishes: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-Spotify-Connect-a-choise/idi-p/729015 Please leave your kudos/comments there to support the idea 🙂

still having problems with randomly pausing Spotify and switching to another song ...

I have this problem too, it is annoying for the music to stop half way while listening on my desktop caused by spotify connect. 

To be able to on/off this functions will definitely help.

@LastKookie wrote:

I have this problem too, it is annoying for the music to stop half way while listening on my desktop caused by spotify connect. 

To be able to on/off this functions will definitely help.

There's a sticky at the top of the forum detailing how to disable Spotify Connect (at least until an official toggle is implemented)

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have these problems as well.  I understand there's a (cumbersome) workaround for now.  Do we know if Spotify has even read all our complaints?  Are they working on a fix?  I am a new premium subscriber and I have to say that these issues with Spotify Connect are hurting my first experience with the service.

I don't enjoy having my Spotify listening taken over by my friend's phone IN COLORADO when I am listening IN WASHINGTON. 

Suggested posts