Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I need help

I accidently logged out of my spotify I've tried everything to get back in. I found my old account and I'm using that for now but my other account I don't know my information at all and I'm being charged on that account. I don't know how to stop the ...

• I accidently logged out of my spotify I've tried everything to get back in. I found my old account and I'm using that for now but my other account I don't know my information at all and I'm being cha...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Droid doesn't show up in the Devices list anymore!

I've tried absolutely everything I can find (a lot of people have written about this - some have found solutions and others haven't). My droid and my MacBook Pro are connected to the same WiFi network in my house. My phone has shown up in the device ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried absolutely everything I can find (a lot of people have written about this - some have found solutions and others haven't). My droid and my MacBook Pro are connected to the same WiFi networ...
  • estradasp
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Search Tab Goes Missing from the Left-hand Menu

Hi, I am using Spotify version 3.1.0.1117 in my trusty Toshiba Thrive (AT100) that runs Android version 4.0.4. I think it has just updated to the latest Spotify version and I notice that after initialising, the Search tab would go missing from the le...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am using Spotify version 3.1.0.1117 in my trusty Toshiba Thrive (AT100) that runs Android version 4.0.4. I think it has just updated to the latest Spotify version and I notice that aft...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Left-hand Menu
    Search Tab
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing

Every 30 minutes its stops playing... Also is there away to save downloaded music to phone

• Every 30 minutes its stops playing... Also is there away to save downloaded music to phone
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] "Songs" in "My Music" is empty on mobile but completely fine on Desktop

Since recently the mobile app doesn't display My Music songs the. The "Songs" section just tells me that I can go to 'browse' section. The "Albums" section is empty as well. The "Artists" section shows some of my artists, but the song counts for each...

• Regular
  • Since recently the mobile app doesn't display My Music songs the. The "Songs" section just tells me that I can go to 'browse' section. The "Albums" section is empty as well. The "Artists" section sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music disappeared suddenly

I was listening to my music offline and decided to take a nap for about an hour. I restart the app and 90% of my music vanished. I'm on a trip and can't download all of them ago. Decided to try out the $1 premium trial and I don't feel compelled to r...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to my music offline and decided to take a nap for about an hour. I restart the app and 90% of my music vanished. I'm on a trip and can't download all of them ago. Decided to try out t...
  • Ursidaeus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disappear
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems syncing offline

I have been using Spotify premium for a while and until now didn't have any big problem, but recently I changed my Galaxy S4 for a Galaxy S6 Edge, and since then I've been having problems syncing my collection offline.Each song is taking about 1 hour...

• I have been using Spotify premium for a while and until now didn't have any big problem, but recently I changed my Galaxy S4 for a Galaxy S6 Edge, and since then I've been having problems syncing my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Galaxy S6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Login Fails But Continues To Playlist

Description Fresh installation; attempting to login (with correct information) causes "Login Failed" to be displayed and then the account's playlist and songs are shown (as if login worked). Then intermittently it returns to Login screen for a few se...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Fresh installation; attempting to login (with correct information) causes "Login Failed" to be displayed and then the account's playlist and songs are shown (as if login worked). Then i...
  • Bebeau89
  • 33 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I think I signed up for this 30 days free trial, but im not sure. I don't want to have it or pay any

I think I signed up for this 30 days free trial, but i'm not sure. I don't want to have it and I don't want ro pay any money, and I would like to delete my account!

• Casual Listener
  • I think I signed up for this 30 days free trial, but i'm not sure. I don't want to have it and I don't want ro pay any money, and I would like to delete my account!
  • epperez81
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP!! Unable to use spotify on my galaxy s4

As the title implies I can't open spotify on my defice. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app multiple times but every time I try to open the app I am getting an error message. I have tried everything I could think of to resolve this issue including...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title implies I can't open spotify on my defice. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app multiple times but every time I try to open the app I am getting an error message. I have tried everythi...
  • flyingACE
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Move the Exit away from NEXT

When I am running and want to push Next on my Android phone I constantly press Exit on accident since they are next to each other, this only happens on Android, the iPhone GUI is a lot friendlier.

• Casual Listener
  • When I am running and want to push Next on my Android phone I constantly press Exit on accident since they are next to each other, this only happens on Android, the iPhone GUI is a lot friendlier.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album saving issues

I have had Spotify premium for a cple weeks now. I like the app . Bit for The past 3 days when I save my albums it says saved and its there till I close app then when I get back on the saved albums are gone. Can someone help me . Is there a way to co...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had Spotify premium for a cple weeks now. I like the app . Bit for The past 3 days when I save my albums it says saved and its there till I close app then when I get back on the saved albums a...
  • michaelhartsell
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music just stopped playing

why does Spotify stopped playing whenever i do something else on my phone like browse facebook, or read my phone messages, or open a link to read something? some other music apps like Jango lets you do whatever you want, but it keeps playing ur playl...

• Regular
  • why does Spotify stopped playing whenever i do something else on my phone like browse facebook, or read my phone messages, or open a link to read something? some other music apps like Jango lets you ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listening to local files on Android App

I have an album that isn't available yet on spotify and want to use it on the mobile appI created a playlist but all the tracks were greyed out even though the tracks are on my phonecan anyone tell what I need to do to get them to sync up so I can li...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an album that isn't available yet on spotify and want to use it on the mobile app I created a playlist but all the tracks were greyed out even though the tracks are on my phone can anyo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Who can i use a giftcard in other countries ?

I bought a spotifygiftcard in the netherlands now im in france and cant use it. What can I do

• I bought a spotifygiftcard in the netherlands now im in france and cant use it. What can I do
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • country
    Gift Card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way I can listen to news on Spotify?

None of the radio stations with news come in clearly on my daily commute. I was going to look into satellite radio, but before I do, can I listen to news with my Spotify Unlimited account on my Andriod smartphone? Or do I need a Premium account for t...

• Music Fan
  • None of the radio stations with news come in clearly on my daily commute. I was going to look into satellite radio, but before I do, can I listen to news with my Spotify Unlimited account on my Andri...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Country Settings won't let me install Spotify Music

Hello everyone I used to have Spotify on my Iphone. This April I bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Spotify worked properly until the new Update (Spotify Music) arrived. Since then I can't install the app because of my country situation. I didn't move ...

• Hello everyone   I used to have Spotify on my Iphone. This April I bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Spotify worked properly until the new Update (Spotify Music) arrived. Since then I can't i...
  • mrustean
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android. Música se detiene. No está la opción Buscar

Hola. Tengo problemas con la app de Android. La música se detiene sola incluso la descargada. Y no está más la opción buscar. Soy premium. Alguien me puede ayudar?Gracias

• Hola. Tengo problemas con la app de Android. La música se detiene sola incluso la descargada. Y no está más la opción buscar. Soy premium. Alguien me puede ayudar? Gracias
  • Artiswonderful
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

UI bugs in 3.1

Just got the 3.1 update, with the newly designed mini and main player. Three things I've noticed immediately... 1) Open Spotify from the widget, it takes you to the main player showing the last track you were playing (as normal), press Back - and you...

• Roadie
  • Just got the 3.1 update, with the newly designed mini and main player. Three things I've noticed immediately...   1) Open Spotify from the widget, it takes you to the main player showing the l...
  • strict418
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you clear the download queue?

I've reached the 3,333 track limit on my device (Android phone) and keep getting the message every time I go switch off offline mode, because I have tracks queued to download but obviously can't.How can I clear the download queue, to stop the message...

• Casual Listener
  • I've reached the 3,333 track limit on my device (Android phone) and keep getting the message every time I go switch off offline mode, because I have tracks queued to download but obviously can't. Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes