Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When I click on an artist it keep saying oops something went wrong there.

Yeah so like the ropic says it keeps happening. I have an android does it keep happening anyone else? Or does anyone have any solutions?Thanks

• Yeah so like the ropic says it keeps happening. I have an android does it keep happening anyone else? Or does anyone have any solutions? Thanks
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bad quality for downloaded music

I am unable to download my music in appropriate quality to my Caterpillar B15Q: Whenever I synch a playlist on a "fresh" Spotify installation, all music sounds like it's coming out of a tin can with a string on it, and not the pair of Sennheisers att...

• Regular
  • I am unable to download my music in appropriate quality to my Caterpillar B15Q: Whenever I synch a playlist on a "fresh" Spotify installation, all music sounds like it's coming out of a tin can with ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! storage space

All of my offline playlists and albums are on my external sd card. The app was giving me some problems so I uninstalled it and deleted all the saved files. When I reinstalled it and started to download all my music again my phone said it was running ...

• Gig Goer
  • All of my offline playlists and albums are on my external sd card. The app was giving me some problems so I uninstalled it and deleted all the saved files. When I reinstalled it and started to downlo...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • SD-card
    storage space
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is my music being saved?

So I have this Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with a 32 GB MicroSD card but my spotify is in the internal memory, and I am downloading my music but I have A LOT of music and i want to know if the music is going to be saved in the SD card because the memory of ...

• Visitor
  • So I have this Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with a 32 GB MicroSD card but my spotify is in the internal memory, and I am downloading my music but I have A LOT of music and i want to know if the music is goin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    SD-card
    Sdcard storage muddle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bulky app design/behaviour when listing someone else public playlists

Within Android app, you may want to list ALL the playlists belonging to someone you follow. First problem: no folder/subfolder navigation; playlists are listed as if no folder hierarchy is there; a mess, when multiple playlists are stored in subfolde...

• Roadie
  • Within Android app, you may want to list ALL the playlists belonging to someone you follow.   First problem: no folder/subfolder navigation; playlists are listed as if no folder hierarchy is t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed storage location but still taking internal space

Hi there, I have my Spotify set up to store downloaded songs to my external SD which I confirm is working by the using a file Explorer. However I'm running out of internal space and when I checked the app storage information Spotify is still taking s...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I have my Spotify set up to store downloaded songs to my external SD which I confirm is working by the using a file Explorer. However I'm running out of internal space and when I checked th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer not working on some songs.

The equalizer doesn't work on some of my songs, and when I play those songs, the volume is louder than the working ones, even with the equalizer set to off.The only fix I found is to re-download the whole playlist containing the "bugged" song, but do...

• Roadie
  • The equalizer doesn't work on some of my songs, and when I play those songs, the volume is louder than the working ones, even with the equalizer set to off. The only fix I found is to re-download ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Misaligned / bad touch targets in play queue

The Android client of Spotify has misaligned Touchtargets in the Play Queue when trying to open the Track Menu (I don't know its original name). This leads to accidentially playing a Song instead of viewing its Track Menu which can be pretty annoying...

• The Android client of Spotify has misaligned Touchtargets in the Play Queue when trying to open the Track Menu (I don't know its original name). This leads to accidentially playing a Song instead of ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only partially syncs my playlists

I am trying to sync my offline playlists to my Moto X 2nd generation phone. I added some new tracks today and it only downloaded one of them. So I followed the instructions for clearing all of Spotify's data off my phone to perform a clean install. A...

• I am trying to sync my offline playlists to my Moto X 2nd generation phone. I added some new tracks today and it only downloaded one of them. So I followed the instructions for clearing all of Spotif...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Android Crash everytime I open the app

My Alcatel One Touch 6030D it's crashing everytime I open Spotify. I'm getting tired of this, 2 weeks ago I talk with a person that supports me for my problem on the twitter page from SpotifySuport. He asked me about my account my cellphone model but...

• Casual Listener
  • My Alcatel One Touch 6030D it's crashing everytime I open Spotify. I'm getting tired of this, 2 weeks ago I talk with a person that supports me for my problem on the twitter page from SpotifySuport. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Something I can't work out to do with Local Files...is it even possible?

So I have a few artists on my itunes who aren't on Spotify (Chance the Rapper) and a few other albums from artists spotify doens't have. I have sycned them via playlists to my android device, but how do I get them to appear in the "Artist" section on...

• So I have a few artists on my itunes who aren't on Spotify (Chance the Rapper) and a few other albums from artists spotify doens't have.   I have sycned them via playlists to my android device...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlist

I am getting to the maximum capacity on my SD card for Spotify but I can't seem to reduce the tracks on the Mobile playlist by deleting them to create more space, how do I do this? I am using a HTC M8 with 16GB SD card and I have the desktop Site on ...

• Music Fan
  • I am getting to the maximum capacity on my SD card for Spotify but I can't seem to reduce the tracks on the Mobile playlist by deleting them to create more space, how do I do this?  I am using a...
  • bomberboy467
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage Space

My spotify is taking up a lot of space and I'm not sure of it's just the app or if it could be me downloading songs for offline play. Either way I want to delete some files but I don't know what they are or how they might affect me. Any advice?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is taking up a lot of space and I'm not sure of it's just the app or if it could be me downloading songs for offline play. Either way I want to delete some files but I don't know what they...
  • PhilYPR
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why can go online..offline always??

I want to know how to switch offline to online thats all!!

• I want to know how to switch offline to online thats all!!
  • PhilYPR
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NO INTERNET CONNECTION??

OK so I loved Spotify that I upgraded to premium! The day after the app started saying there is no internet connection!! In upset cuz I just paid and now I can't listen to anything! I've tried everythingLG G3 phone

• OK so I loved Spotify that I upgraded to premium! The day after the app started saying there is no internet connection!! In upset cuz I just paid and now I can't listen to anything! I've tried everyt...
  • PhilYPR
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

musics to sd card It does not work.

I made steps to change the storage to sd, but continues storing in the phone internal memory.It has more space in SD than in internal memory.Correct this please.Spoiler (Highlight to read)=(=(

• Casual Listener
  • I made steps to change the storage to sd, but continues storing in the phone internal memory. It has more space in SD than in internal memory. Correct this please. =(
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

So disappointed in the deterioration of my premium membership

I've been a premium member for a few years now. Over the past 6-8 months, things on my Samsung Galaxy S3 has gotten to the point I can't even use the app. The load time (for even downloaded playlists) can take up to 3 minutes when I am in a 4G area. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium member for a few years now.  Over the past 6-8 months, things on my Samsung Galaxy S3 has gotten to the point I can't even use the app.  The load time (for even download...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Acount deleted. Please someone help me

Hi everyone, I woke up this morning and turn on my spotify when I realize that I had to log in (which is weird because i never log out) and when I did it, it said that my user or password were wrongI thought that maybe I forgot my password so I went ...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone, I woke up this morning and turn on my spotify when I realize that I had to log in (which is weird because i never log out) and when I did it, it said that my user or password were w...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android OS Data Usage

All,I have two phones, one is a Nexus 5 and one is a Nexus 6. They are both running 5.1.1 and using the newest Spotify version from the Google Play store. They have also both been completely blown away and factory image flashed multiple times to test...

• Visitor
  • All, I have two phones, one is a Nexus 5 and one is a Nexus 6.  They are both running 5.1.1 and using the newest Spotify version from the Google Play store.  They have also both been compl...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My name is Kiebien Crockett but my stage name is kidcrockett and I'm trying to get my music hSpotify

Hello my name is Kiebien Crockett but my stage name is kidcrockett I'm a rapper from Chicago Illinois and I'm trying to get my music heard on Spotify how can I do that

• Hello my name is Kiebien Crockett but my stage name is kidcrockett I'm a rapper from Chicago Illinois and I'm trying to get my music heard on Spotify how can I do that
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes