Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant reinstall Spotify on my Xperia Z3

Hi, i had Problems with the Spotify app and deinstalled the app.Now i have the Problem that the Playstore says my Z3 (wich previously had Spotify running) isnt compatible.Why i cant reinstall the Spotify app?Im running android 5.0.2. Greetings Dasany...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i had Problems with the Spotify app and deinstalled the app. Now i have the Problem that the Playstore says my Z3 (wich previously had Spotify running) isnt compatible. Why i cant rein...
  • cephalization
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Worried for 3G data

I am very worried Spotify uses my 3g data bundle per download offline music. Is it possible to use only wifi?

• Casual Listener
  • I am very worried Spotify uses my 3g data bundle per download offline music. Is it possible to use only wifi?
  • Steveone
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Xperia Z sound problem

Good evening everyone.I decided to buy the sony xperia Z yesterday in the hope that Spotify would work well on it.I've i stalled spotify, downloaded for offline play one of my playlists and started playing the music.I noticed straight away that as so...

• Regular
  • Good evening everyone. I decided to buy the sony xperia Z yesterday in the hope that Spotify would work well on it. I've i stalled spotify, downloaded for offline play one of my playlists and start...
  • Sidow
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Smartphone crashes when i start Spotify

Hello everyone,since i updated the Spotify App my smartphone crashes when i start the App. I can start the app then i have a black display with the icon for the menu in the left upper corner and my touch screen as well as the buttons aren't working a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, since i updated the Spotify App my smartphone crashes when i start the App. I can start the app then i have a black display with the icon for the menu in the left upper corner and my...
  • caranegus
  • Regular
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes

LIKED FROM RADIO Not Recognizing Already-Liked Tracks - and Adds Duplicates

Despite a long talk with support on this issue - and despite the fact that I see this has been reported for ALMOST THREE YEARS now - maybe longer... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Radio-Previously-liked-songs-don-t-show-liked-when-playe...

• Music Fan
  • Despite a long talk with support on this issue - and despite the fact that I see this has been reported for ALMOST THREE YEARS now - maybe longer...   http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-An...
  • DrInfoman
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play music on Moto X

Every time I play a song on my phone it pauses almost immediately. I've tried to play songs with and without headphones and have deleted and redownloaded spotify onto my phone. Everything works fine on my computer, but I can't get it to work on my ph...

• Every time I play a song on my phone it pauses almost immediately. I've tried to play songs with and without headphones and have deleted and redownloaded spotify onto my phone. Everything works fine ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Moto X
    pauses
    song bug
    Songs pause
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

scrobbling

what is scrobbling for

• what is scrobbling for
  • cephalization
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how do i move to my sd card?!

I'd like to move my music which I've downloaded onto my sd card but the only solution offered is too delete the cache and saved data. Wouldnt that mean though I'd lose my playlists? How do I move the music but avoid erasing the playlists I have?

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to move my music which I've downloaded onto my sd card but the only solution offered is too delete the cache and saved data. Wouldnt that mean though I'd lose my playlists? How do I move the...
  • cephalization
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cache
    sd card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically sync local files and iTunes playlists

I have a Smasung S5, just upgraded to premium. I want to be able to listen to any song in my iTunes library on the Macbook Pro but the Local Tab is not showing up. Under setting it shows my Galaxy S5 and Macbook Pro. The Macbook is highlighted green ...

• I have a Smasung S5, just upgraded to premium. I want to be able to listen to any song in my iTunes library on the Macbook Pro but the Local Tab is not showing up. Under setting it shows my Galaxy S5...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to start Spotify with poor connection

Since there seems to be no way to report a bug I am posting this here. I often have a poor connection to the mobile network, either due to a crappy phone or being in areas with poor coverage. When connected to the network, but with a shaky connection...

• Since there seems to be no way to report a bug I am posting this here.   I often have a poor connection to the mobile network, either due to a crappy phone or being in areas with poor coverage...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't start up after crash

After a crash of the app on my Samsung galaxy s5 8 hours ago, Spotify wont fully start up any more. I keep seeing a black screen with only the menu button (the stripes). A reboot of my Phone did not solve this, still cant use the app.

• Casual Listener
  • After a crash of the app on my Samsung galaxy s5 8 hours ago, Spotify wont fully start up any more. I keep seeing a black screen with only the menu button (the stripes). A reboot of my Phone did not ...
  • linusrinoza
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No interent connection error

Hi - is anyone else having problems with your mobile being in offline mode 'off' and it saying there is no internet connection when I know there is full wi-Fi available and I am definitely connected as I can browse the internet? It's very frustrating...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - is anyone else having problems with your mobile being in offline mode 'off' and it saying there is no internet connection when I know there is full wi-Fi available and I am definitely connected ...
  • csneblett
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! volume control and lock screen interface dysfunction ality

I am running Spotify on a Motorola Moto E, and am having problems with volume control while screen is off. Also the music player skin keeps dissapearing when switching to lock screen.

• Music Fan
  • I am running Spotify on a Motorola Moto E, and am having problems with volume control while screen is off. Also the music player skin keeps dissapearing when switching to lock screen.
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • main-Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify runs but is all screen in black

Hello, i'm free user and i've an android phone. It is a BQ E6, android version is 4.4.2. Old spotify always worked, but the new one doesn't works. I think that is a compatibility issue, but i'm not sure about it. I've been intalled the app and all i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i'm free user and i've an android phone. It is a BQ E6, android version is 4.4.2. Old spotify always worked, but the new one doesn't works. I think that is a compatibility issue, but i'm not s...
  • benartemi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2nd Class Citizens

Why are we Android users (this one fully paid up with family subscriptions I hasten to add ) left behind when it comes to latest features . I appreciate the latest offering is now in beta testing , but why must we repeatedly be so far behind iOS user...

• Roadie
  • Why are we Android users (this one fully paid up with family subscriptions I hasten to add ) left behind when it comes to latest features . I appreciate the latest offering is now in beta testing , b...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Car Volume

When I'm streaming my music offline from my Sony Yperia LT30p to my car, the volume is very low compared to for my radio or any other music. Is there something wrong?Thanks!Raf

• When I'm streaming my music offline from my Sony Yperia LT30p to my car, the volume is very low compared to for my radio or any other music. Is there something wrong? Thanks! Raf
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection on wifi when connected to bluetooth audio

Hi When I am on my home wifi, if I connect to my Bluetooth speakers I immediately lose Internet connection on Spotify. Other music streaming services still work (Google Play) so this is quite the weird thing. Any solution? Im on a Samsung Note 3, Vod...

• Hi   When I am on my home wifi, if I connect to my Bluetooth speakers I immediately lose Internet connection on Spotify. Other music streaming services still work (Google Play) so this is quit...
  • cjeans12
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect (android) cant find my PC

I looked for similar posts but they all say my PC cant connect to phone. Spotify on my PC shows my phone and I am completely synced. But my computer is not showing up on my Android.

• I looked for similar posts but they all say my PC cant connect to phone.  Spotify on my PC shows my phone and I am completely synced.  But my computer is not showing up on my Android.
  • karenmolly
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem bringing up the "current song is playing" screen

Hi, Since the latest release it´s really hard for me to bring up the "now playing" -screen. The scenario is: 1. I open up spotify2. Open a playlist and start a song3. Then when try to "expand" the bar at the bottom by pressing at it to open the "now ...

• Regular
  • Hi,   Since the latest release it´s really hard for me to bring up the "now playing" -screen.  The scenario is:   1. I open up spotify 2. Open a playlist and start a song 3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes