Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Working...

So I have gone from loving Spotify to thinking this thing is trash due to the non existent customer support so I have moved onto the community in hopes of getting my issue resolved faster. I have 3 albums I am trying to sync to my mobile devices. The...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have gone from loving Spotify to thinking this thing is trash due to the non existent customer support so I have moved onto the community in hopes of getting my issue resolved faster.  &nb...
  • the_wrizzle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle in offline mode plays online songs

Dear spotify,Shuffle all playlists in offline mode tries to play songs in non-downloaded playlists. So far i've seen 2 things happen (neither acceptable):1. Sometimes it recognizes that it should be offline, stops playing and requires reshuffling to ...

• Regular
  • Dear spotify, Shuffle all playlists in offline mode tries to play songs in non-downloaded playlists. So far i've seen 2 things happen (neither acceptable): 1. Sometimes it recognizes that it sh...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Low Maximum Volume

I've read a couple other feeds but can't find an answer to the low maximum volumes via listening on Android. I've tried all the norms like re-installing, shut off equalizer effects etc. and nothing seems to work. Any help to solve the issue would be ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read a couple other feeds but can't find an answer to the low maximum volumes via listening on Android. I've tried all the norms like re-installing, shut off equalizer effects etc. and nothing s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    sound
    volume
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working

Hi I paid for premium on April 17th and still have not managed to get it working. I have the iTunes receipt and have reported the problem with them in case it's on their side. I have also tried all of the other tips such as signing in and out, signin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I paid for premium on April 17th and still have not managed to get it working. I have the iTunes receipt and have reported the problem with them in case it's on their side. I have also tried all o...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save playlists in SD card

Hi,I'm currently using Android 4.4.2 , my phone is a BQ Aquaris E4.5 and i have a 32GB Kingstom HC SD card installed.I've tried almost all of the solutions i've found but when i start spotify the app always displays the same message "No SD Card Found...

• Hi, I'm currently using Android 4.4.2 , my phone is a BQ Aquaris E4.5 and i have a 32GB Kingstom HC SD card installed. I've tried almost all of the solutions i've found but when i start spotif...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • card
    Sd
    sd card
    sdcard
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage question

Hi there,I'm using the Android version of the app. Saving a lot of tunes to be available offline on extreme quality. So far got 13Gb. The problem is when i select to undownload music, the green icon dissapears, but the app data doesn't decrease! Plea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm using the Android version of the app. Saving a lot of tunes to be available offline on extreme quality. So far got 13Gb. The problem is when i select to undownload music, the green ico...
  • iwecki33
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New look on Android - only in version 5?

Is it only Android 5 look? It's gorgeous. Please can someone tell me is it look because of my new Android 5 phone? On 4.4 look was a way simpler. I'm in love with my new phone. Volume is up high, bass loud and proud. Now I can also listen Spotify, us...

phone1.jpg phone2.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Is it only Android 5 look? It's gorgeous.       Please can someone tell me is it look because of my new Android 5 phone? On 4.4 look was a way simpler.   I'm...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Yet another storage question (Cache)

Okay so I've searched and checked the FAQ available and still could not find an answer to this question. I know all about the available offline option etc. and how it takes space and how to clear it, however, it seems when you stream a track and you ...

• Okay so I've searched and checked the FAQ available and still could not find an answer to this question.   I know all about the available offline option etc. and how it takes space and how to ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Follower function not available

Hi, can't see the people who I follow.Also, please simplify the add follwo function:Entering in the search field the string: spotify:user:username is a really bad user experience. thanks and cheers,michael

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   can't see the people who I follow. Also, please simplify the add follwo function: Entering in the search field the string: spotify:user:username is a really bad user experience. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Full screen artwork not showing on Galaxy S6 on lock screen

Just recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6, but the only problem with Spotify is that the full screen artwork on the lock screen has gone. It now shows a small widget that only has a pause and next track option. What happened to the full screen that was t...

• Regular
  • Just recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6, but the only problem with Spotify is that the full screen artwork on the lock screen has gone.   It now shows a small widget that only has a pause and ne...
  • thai2000
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    artwork
    Galaxy S6
    Samsung
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Connection problem - mobile network

Hi guys, I've got the Samsung Galaxy S5 with latest Lollipop update and latest Spotify update. Ever since I updated to Lollipop, I keep experiencing problems when Spotify is connected to mobile network data - whether it's on Edge, 4G or the H+-connec...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   I've got the Samsung Galaxy S5 with latest Lollipop update and latest Spotify update.  Ever since I updated to Lollipop, I keep experiencing problems when Spotify is connected...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with local files

I have a problem with listening to local files on my mobile phone. All the files work on my computer, but not on my Samsung S3, despite the fact that I've synced the two devices. It says "Loading...." under every song, and it is impossible to press t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with listening to local files on my mobile phone. All the files work on my computer, but not on my Samsung S3, despite the fact that I've synced the two devices. It says "Loading.......
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I click on an artist it keep saying oops something went wrong there.

Yeah so like the ropic says it keeps happening. I have an android does it keep happening anyone else? Or does anyone have any solutions?Thanks

• Yeah so like the ropic says it keeps happening. I have an android does it keep happening anyone else? Or does anyone have any solutions? Thanks
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bad quality for downloaded music

I am unable to download my music in appropriate quality to my Caterpillar B15Q: Whenever I synch a playlist on a "fresh" Spotify installation, all music sounds like it's coming out of a tin can with a string on it, and not the pair of Sennheisers att...

• Regular
  • I am unable to download my music in appropriate quality to my Caterpillar B15Q: Whenever I synch a playlist on a "fresh" Spotify installation, all music sounds like it's coming out of a tin can with ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! storage space

All of my offline playlists and albums are on my external sd card. The app was giving me some problems so I uninstalled it and deleted all the saved files. When I reinstalled it and started to download all my music again my phone said it was running ...

• Gig Goer
  • All of my offline playlists and albums are on my external sd card. The app was giving me some problems so I uninstalled it and deleted all the saved files. When I reinstalled it and started to downlo...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • SD-card
    storage space
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is my music being saved?

So I have this Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with a 32 GB MicroSD card but my spotify is in the internal memory, and I am downloading my music but I have A LOT of music and i want to know if the music is going to be saved in the SD card because the memory of ...

• Visitor
  • So I have this Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with a 32 GB MicroSD card but my spotify is in the internal memory, and I am downloading my music but I have A LOT of music and i want to know if the music is goin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    SD-card
    Sdcard storage muddle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bulky app design/behaviour when listing someone else public playlists

Within Android app, you may want to list ALL the playlists belonging to someone you follow. First problem: no folder/subfolder navigation; playlists are listed as if no folder hierarchy is there; a mess, when multiple playlists are stored in subfolde...

• Roadie
  • Within Android app, you may want to list ALL the playlists belonging to someone you follow.   First problem: no folder/subfolder navigation; playlists are listed as if no folder hierarchy is t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed storage location but still taking internal space

Hi there, I have my Spotify set up to store downloaded songs to my external SD which I confirm is working by the using a file Explorer. However I'm running out of internal space and when I checked the app storage information Spotify is still taking s...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I have my Spotify set up to store downloaded songs to my external SD which I confirm is working by the using a file Explorer. However I'm running out of internal space and when I checked th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer not working on some songs.

The equalizer doesn't work on some of my songs, and when I play those songs, the volume is louder than the working ones, even with the equalizer set to off.The only fix I found is to re-download the whole playlist containing the "bugged" song, but do...

• Roadie
  • The equalizer doesn't work on some of my songs, and when I play those songs, the volume is louder than the working ones, even with the equalizer set to off. The only fix I found is to re-download ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes