Premium

Country

Japan

Device

Sharp Android phone S3SH

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I started subscription of premium a few days ago.
Even though I can listen to all the songs and albums as I like without shuffling, which I appreciate very much, favorite/hide button suddenly disappeared and was replaced by + button that doesn't make any changes to the playlists.
For me, one of the biggest enjoyment of Spotify is listen to This Is and numerous playlist assorted by genres with editing by favorite/hide button accompanied with EACH and EVERY song, so this is the such a disappointment. 
I searched the community but all I can found this is page, I tried uninstalling and everything, but it doesn't help 
Is it just me or whole thing due to recent update ? Is there any way to restore favorite/ hide button ? 

Let me hear you all 

Thanks

10 Replies

The hide/dislike button disappeared a few updates ago, which pisses me off. The favorite button is still there for me.

Hey there @NoisyPepper,

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

Can you confirm if you're able to see the Dislike button in:

• Release Radar
  • Discover Weekly

Aditionally, you can add a screenshot how it appears on your side. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I can see the Dislike button in Release Radar and Discover Weekly, but I don't care about those categories. I want the Dislike/Hide button back in Playlist Radio.

Hey @NoisyPepper,

Thanks for your reply.

There's an idea in the Community to bring back that functionality - feel free to add your vote to it here!

Hope that helps - let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Stay awesome 🙂

I just signed up for Premium yesterday.
The Favorite and Hide buttons were showing up until  this morning on the now playing queue, but now have disappeared.
I checked the Discover Weekly and Daily Mixes, but they don't show there either.
I cleared the cache and data - still no luck.
I like to see the Likes in my playlist queue as it shows me where I left off as I add them to my "Liked songs list" or hide them if I don't like the song.

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We checked on our side and the Discover Weekly playlist is supposed to have the hide button next to the title of each song. Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It'd be helpful to try logging in with a different Spotify account to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hi Ivan,
I have confirmed it to be an account related issue.
Since this happened when my account was about 5 days old, what are the odds of me jumping through the hoops to move it to a new account, then back to my original email address just to have it happen again? Or do you have any idea of how common this is?

Thanks for the help!

Where was the community vote before you take basic functionality away from your app?  ...

Me, too.

I do not adjust my playlist a lot, and just realized that it can not hide songs. The hide/dislike button disappeared in my playlist without my notice is really pissing me off!!!

First, Spotify does not provide a way for myself to rank my songs, so I can not even recall my last feeling for a song from myself, and now, if I feel a song is not the best, I can not even hide them, this is ridiculous, you may have different feeling for a song at different moment, and you may also want to adjust your playlist, like to move certain song to a different playlist, now, it is either in the list or not (then I can not find it), and I do not have a way to rank those songs, am I really a premium user?

Please add back this feature, or provide a ranking feature, so I can choose to either listen/adjust to my top ranking, or listen/adjust to some songs that is not the best, but I still like them.

Hey there @yangminreal,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Note that the option to hide tracks is only available for personalized content like Discover Weekly and the Daily Mix. It's not available on playlists you generated, however it's possible to remove a song at any time from one of your playlists. When you're in the mood for it again, you can add it back. You'll find detailed instructions on how to manage your library in this support article. 

We also recommend that you post your idea about ranking songs in a playlist on our Ideas Exchange. This is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts