Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download local files

Download local files

Hello, Spotify.

This post was overdue for me to make. In light of recent events I've come to try the new app (been using an old one, from late 2012) and still, the ability to sync and download my music on my computer (mp3s and m4as) is not there yet. I'd greatly appreciate this, I don't think it's outrageous to have the app play on shuffle (and additionally save you some bandwidth) and also offer on-demand for your "local files". Please, Spotify, I don't like having to switch between apps, it'd be more comfortable to use the Spotify app for all my music, streaming and owned.

4 Replies

Local files on your PC can be synched to android as described here or did I misunderstand you?

You can download now, yes, but you still can't play them on demand. Do I have to pay to listen to my own music?

Ah, yes, you need a premium subscription if you want to turn off shuffle. But you can now stream from spotify on a free account 🙂

Well I made this post because I want to be able to play the music I've payed for and own, not just put them on "shuffle"

Suggested posts