Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded data deleted

Downloaded data deleted

I´m extremely frustrated with Spotify lately. Spotify is constantly swifting from SD storage to internal storage. When I archieve that Spotify recongnizes the SD again and swift to SD storage, it redownloads all the songs, altought they are already downloaded. It doesn't recognize its own data. I have more than 1500 songs and this happened at least 10 times in this two months, so it's really anoying

5 Replies

What phone, android version and spotify version are you using? Have you seen any notifications that the SD card has unmounted then remounted maybe?

Had the exact same problem this week. Now there isnt an option to select my SD card as my storage location. And this has happened so many times over the years. Extremely annoying

Same here!! I've just joined Spotfy yesterday, and i was so amazed with all the features of the app. I spent the entire day downloading songs just to find out that the songs weren't available on the Offline mode in the end of the day...

4 years later and it's still not fixed.  It's November 2016 and I see this has been a major problem with users since 2012, and is still happning.  On it's own Spotify changes my storage setting from SD card to Device Storage, and Turns Off the download button on my downloaded playlist, deleting all of my downloaded songs.  In the last couple weeks this has happened 3 times.  It's very aggravating when I am offline without internet access, and all of my music is deleted.  SPOTIFY... FIX THIS PROBLEM!!

I reported the problem to Spotify Tech Support yesterday, and they sent me the instructions to supposedly fix thie problem.  I followed all of the instructions and reset the offline device (via the web), downloaded and re-install the lastest Spotify Version for Android (Kindle Fire). I set Storage to SD Card and I re-downloaded my 850 "saved songs" (for the 10th time). I checked several times to see if my downloaded songs were still there, and they were still there. GREAT!!  Then 5 hours after the re-install I checked and all 850 songs were deleted again and Storage switched from SD card to Device.

This has been happening to Users since 2012, and is still happening.  Not fixed after 4 years.  I don't think that any Spotify Technicians even bother looking at Community Posts to see what problems users are having.  I think I will be cancelling my premium account!! 

Any suggestions of other music services that  provide streaming via wifi to home entertainment systems or wifi speakers.  I checked out Amazon Unlimited Music, but it doesn't look like they provide this feature.

Suggested posts