Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I've seen people mention in other posts that they've experienced their downloads changing location from an SD card to their internal storage upon reboot. However, for me, it's the opposite. I only have 30GB on my SD card which is already full of other things so all my Spotify downloads were in my internal storage. However, I rebooted my phone and it seems all my downloads have moved to my SD card,  or at  me thleast ld they're trying to download at to it. Spotify also said I had to sign up to premium but wouldn't let me click the option, and the fact that my music was trying to redownload despite there being no room on my SD card shows that I do, in fact, still have premium. Furthermore, when I go into settings there is no longer the option to change the download location - it has completely disappeared. I have absolutely no idea how to resolve this.

1 Reply

Hey there @Ssen,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

We'd first suggest reinstalling the app with the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to help with both of these issues. It might be a good idea to also double check that there are no Spotify files remaining in your SD card before installing the app afresh.

If you're still prompted to upgrade to Premium when downloading songs after that, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE and comment here. Our tech teams are currently looking into this so make sure to keep an eye in that Ongoing Issue thread for any updates we have to pass on.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts