Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

EQUALIZER

Solved!

EQUALIZER

I love(d) the equalizer feature on my Samsung Galaxy phone, but I recently bought a new phone and the equalizer is not available on my new phone. The new phone is an LG LS-740. Spotify needs to add that phone to the list!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streaming quality settings and is called "Audio Effects" 

Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?
If still missing it may be part of this bug, please go to the thread and post your details.

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks so much, Daniel. The uninstall/reinstall did not work, do I downloaded the Equalizer app and now it works perfect! Thank you!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streaming quality settings and is called "Audio Effects" 

Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?
If still missing it may be part of this bug, please go to the thread and post your details.

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Thanks so much, Daniel. The uninstall/reinstall did not work, do I downloaded the Equalizer app and now it works perfect! Thank you!!

Adding the "Equalizer" app and then enabling the "Device Broadcast Status" feature in the settings of my Spotify app worked.  As soon as I enabled the broadcasting, the Equalizer option showed up under Music Quality and I'm back in business!!  

Greetings!

Rather then open an entirely new thread, i figured I would inquire here. Currently running 4.4.4 on a galaxy note 4 and dont have an "audio effects" setting. I do have a setting called 'equilizer' right under the sync over cellular setting. is that basically the same thing?

I haven't downloaded any 3rd party EQs. I'm assuming it's the stock Android EQ.and music presests program.

EDIT: 

What I'm seeing is called 'sound alive" and I'm guessing it isn't related to the Spotify EQ audio effects I keep hearing about.  Guessing it came pre-loaded on my Note 4. if anyone has any workaround so I can try out the Spotify audio effects, I would appreciate hearing about it.Thanks!

@kal-el wrote:

EDIT: 

What I'm seeing is called 'sound alive" and I'm guessing it isn't related to the Spotify EQ audio effects I keep hearing about.  Guessing it came pre-loaded on my Note 4. if anyone has any workaround so I can try out the Spotify audio effects, I would appreciate hearing about it.Thanks!

Hi,

When you open the equaliser on Android it just links to the pre-installed EQ. In Stock Android cases this is usually the basic Android EQ. It appears your phone manufacturer (Samsung) has added their own EQ which is what you are accessing.through the Samsung Level App.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts