Student 

Country

USA 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Enhanced playlist feature is very buggy. Sometimes the shuffle button will be toggled onto "Enhanced playlist" but the playlist will not play shuffled; it will just play through in order (i.e. most recently added). Toggling the shuffle/enhance button, it sometimes won't switch back to unshuffled. Not sure if this is simply a visual glitch. Then, toggling too many times between shuffle, enhanced and no-shuffle will crash the app, forcing restart and resetting the song to 0:00.

9 Replies

Hey @piroteknix,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This type of issue when the Smart Shuffle is not working properly is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Google pixel 7a

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Whenever i turn whenever i cycle from shuffle to smart shuffle to off the app crashes.

Hey @AKAm80thewolf,

Could you share the above info requested by @OscarDC? That way we can get a clear view of what's happening on your end.

If you haven't already, try performing a clean reinstall of the app to see if that does the trick. It's also worth checking if the issue persists when logging in to another account on your device (a friend's or a relative's would do).

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there @oscarDC :

Spotify version 8.8.78.587

Im not sure I uninstalled correctly because when I restarted and opened the app, I was already logged in

Anyway I did get the app to crash but didn't record. I did get a video of shuffle not working, which is one of the symptoms I was experiencing before

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kgeKl1iQzMIK5s8E4e0PPEhzIZ42WfMc/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey there @piroteknix

Thanks for sending us this info and apologies for the delayed reply.

It looks like you're not running the latest version of the app. In this case, could you try performing a clean reinstall to see if that makes the difference? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, thanks for responding.

I did a clean reinstall, and now am on version 8.8.80.599

I also caught a video of the app crashing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mgP2HUb8g-FCdkfKGdqj2oddAhIfRxne/view?usp=share_link

Hey @piroteknix

Thanks for your reply. 

You mentioned that you were having issues with the Shuffle feature as well. Could you send us another screen recording about that where we can see the playlist instead of the "Now playing view"?

On another note, thanks for the video you sent us about the crashing. Just to confirm, could you let us know if this is only happening when you force the app by toggling too many times the shuffle icon/changing songs in a short period of time? Could you check if this happens as well if you only toggle once and let the music to play?

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Playlist view doesn't have the shuffle button, but I did get the app to crash when I 1) entered playlist view 2) cleared one podcast from my queue, and then 3) returned to Now Playing and turned Smart Shuffle off. (You can't turn it on or off in playlist view). Not sure why Smart Shuffle was on, maybe because I also have the desktop app open?

Which I guess answers your next question. I wasn't toggling it too many times during the latest crash. I just toggled it off once and it crashed. When the app loaded up again, the podcast episode was the next to play, so it didn't register me clearing my queue, if that's helpful information.

It feels like Smart Shuffle is the issue. I sense that the app needing to add and delete songs off my 800 song playlist is what's causing the problem. Is there a way to disable it permanently? I'd rather have shuffle on or off, no need for Smart Shuffle, especially if it's causing problems. Before the update, I would have issues turning Smart Shuffle off. It would toggle between shuffle and Smart Shuffle, or between Smart Shuffle and not shuffled at all.

Hey @piroteknix,

Thanks for the detailed info shared.

We've located this idea that might interest you: the possibility of disabling the Smart Shuffle feature on settings. We'd suggest you give a look at it and feel free to add your vote. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Sometimes large playlists might present some issues, so if possible you can remove some songs from the affected playlist or perhaps divide it into more than one playlist. For now, we'd suggest keeping your app up to date, so you don't miss out on any developments.

We really appreciate the time you take to report this behavior, these details help us a lot. We expect this will be fixed soon, but we don't have further information about when it is going to be sorted out.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts