Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extreme Data Usage 3.5Gb in 20min

Extreme Data Usage 3.5Gb in 20min

I use Spotify for over 7years and was always a big fan.

Today it happened, that Spotify used all my data of 3.5 Gb in around 20mins!

I was streaming the new Glitch Mob album "See without Eyes".

Streaming was "normal" quality. Download was only via Wifi enabled.

Apparently it streamed some kind of video?

Thats not the way it was intended i guess?

What can i do to prevent that in the future? - a bit angry at the moment... please fix that!

Screenshot_20180504-073351.png
Screenshot_20180504-073802.png
8 Replies

This is exactly what happened to me. Started the new Glitch Mob album and 4gb is gone... So no more internet until next month  

Had exactly the same thing. What a joke. There doesn't seem to be anyway of stopping. It. Spotify should default not to play videos when devices are not on WiFi. Compensation should also be offered.

Screenshot_20180504-185246.png

See like there's more people affected by that. 

Thankfully I have plenty of mobile data by if I didn't realize how much spotify ate it might have burn through all of that.

Those video covers seems nice but there should be option to limit it. 

If there's no such option how can I be sure that one day something similar won't happen? It would be easi r to completely leave Spotify than to worry about data. 

Screenshot_20180504-203630.png

Please give us at least the option to disable it. 

Hey there.

can you please confirm if this is still happening to you? 

Thank you! 

The app has used all my data so I can't test it again. Uploaded a pic. of what was happening when playing songs whilst not connected to WiFi.

Screenshot_20180504-192710.png

I had the exact same problem yesterday, the app ate through 2GB of data in 5 minutes, listening to the new Glitch Mob Album...

I had the same problem today, has there been an update on this from spotify? I would also like an option to disable it on a cellular network. 

Suggested posts