Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on Android (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
448 Replies

hi!

I also have problems with #1. On older versions I didnt have this problem. I did downgrade to an older version earlier because of this problem, but now i accidently updated spotify to the latest version, and this problem is still there. Had this problem as far back as before easter 2013. Im currently on an Xperia Z. 

Are there any news around this, or any fix to this soon? If not, can someone link me to an older version of spotify which was BEFORE 2013 where we dont have this problem?

Yes and yes. With the earlier versions of Spotify it worked brilliantly but now some of my playlists doesnt sync properly and the tracks dont appear even though it says that the playlist is downloaded...

Tired frustrated and fed up. Been with spotify a few mths n fine. Then the 0.6.6.270 upg on my old xperia ray and new xperia sp happened. I put the latest version on via play store everytime.

On my xp ray I used gingerbread and upd to 0.6.6.270 when my probs started. I put it dwn to comp issues with new upg n android gingerbread. So I got my new xperia sp 2 wks back first wk using 0.6.6.270 with 4.1.1 then this week 4.1.2. Bth android versions proving same issues of white screen of death, offline sync hangs, resets losing playlists, complete reinstall makes no changes.

Ext sd card issue resolved after reset of devices n now only 1 laptop n 1 mobile used.

BIT PEED SPOTIFY AS PREMIUM N WOT AM I PAYING FOR??

Done all u ask in forums but no change. Others have same issues. When is there n upg fix?? 

Going to rdio or deezer if no chg in a fortnight as driving me insane.

Just upgrade to premium member.

I have problems with issue #1

- I have downloaded a few playlists onto my extcard (32gb Samsung). Some have 200 songs in them. They can be played successfully in online mode.

- The problem is when I go 'offline', the app has problem reading the playlists. Any playlist with more than 15 songs will have a 'Loading..." status indefinitely. When I select the affected playlist, within the playlist, the songs are not loaded, but still continue to have a "Loading..." status. The playlists with a few songs are available for play.

- When I change the app back to online status, theres a short pause, then all the playlists are loaded.

It's not a big issue, but changing back and forth 'offline' to 'online' and back again can be very tiring.

On ver 0.6.6.270

Note 2, N7100, Android 4.2.2

#1 yes I have a playlist where several songs are not synchronised. Spotify thinks it already collected all songs. I had this problem before. Solution was to delete the whole spotify folder in "android" on my memorycard (16GB, 7GB free, HTC Desire S, Flinny's Andromadus Build 131 CM10) and patiently wait for a complete new sync...I would love not to have to do this again. I also tried to play the songs hoping Spotify would collect the offline data. It did not. Looking foward for any solutions! Cheers!

I was just listening to a song on my playlist that I have already downloaded to my phone. Now its acting like I'm not a premium account. Asking me to resign up. Please help I need your service. I love it and gladly pay each month

I've just installed Spotify on my new Android car audio system and, having a Premium account, I expected the app to work fine as it does on my smartphone. But the downloaded playlists, which I could listen to while on wi-fi in the car, after a couple of days (when everything worked fine) were not accessible anymore because there was no Internet connection. But I downloaded them and made them accessible offline! It is really annoying and I' m paying for something which does not work properly, and above all spotify does not mantain its promises. Hope this gets solved soon.

@mvalda01 wrote:
I've just installed Spotify on my new Android car audio system and, having a Premium account, I expected the app to work fine as it does on my smartphone. But the downloaded playlists, which I could listen to while on wi-fi in the car, after a couple of days (when everything worked fine) were not accessible anymore because there was no Internet connection. But I downloaded them and made them accessible offline! It is really annoying and I' m paying for something which does not work properly, and above all spotify does not mantain its promises. Hope this gets solved soon.

Was it offline for more than 30 days? 

The Spotify application requires you to connect at least that often to verify your subscription is still active. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No; as I wrote before, the playlists have been offline for a couple of days.

Hi,

I have an active online subscription. On my android phone it says my subscription has expired and I am unable to listen to music offline.

Can you please let me know why this is happening?

Thanks

What does your account overview show under subscription status?

thanks Joe it says:

You have an active Spotify Premium subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged €9.99 on 2013-10-13 unless you cancel your recurring payment.

Hmmm....... has your android been offline for 30 days? If so, play one track online.

I've had to download ALL  my of my playlists & as a consiquence, it had used up ALL of my data allowance NOT HAPPY!!! Oh, & it kept crashing too. please fix!

I'm about to cancel my Premium subscription as no matter what I do, my stupid Android app keeps telling me "Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device"

Yet I have over 33GB left in my SD card and 16GB+ in my internal memory.  No space left my a$$.  I've followed all the "fixes" posted here in the Android forum and in the Bugs forum and nothing.

Sorry - but is this the only way you can get a spotifuggle issue you can't resolve.

Background is that I originally set up a Spotify account using my desktop with usual email address  I got an android phone and set up a new account for the premium service (i.e. I got the first 3 months free but am now being charged £9.99 a month).  I now want to share that premium account for use on my desktop, but don't understand how I do it.  The cookies on my desktop just revert to the 'free' account with adverts so I'm not getting the full benefit the service I've signed up to.

@rapideye - Your subscription status is stored on the Spotify servers, all you should need to do is log into the same account as on your phone and you will be good to go. 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I just would like to add my two cents. Currently I have one problem with offline playlists on my Android phone. There's this particular playlist that I have synced to my phone (Epic Music) that I cannot open without being connected to the internet. If I'm connected, the playlist opens and I can then disconnect the internet and proceed with listening, but if I'm not, it stays always on loop "trying" to open said playlist.

It's the only one of my offline synced playlists having this behaviour.

Cheers!

I live in rural Missouri in a 4G area.. A lot of the time when any other streaming app works fine spotify won't. Even the playlists I downloaded to my phone won't work. This is immensly frustrating since I am a Premium user. It just sits there loading. with or without 4G/3G/wifi....

I have a samsung S3 running 4.1.2 on verizon.

Suggested posts