Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Sync Malfunctioning with Spotify

Ford Sync Malfunctioning with Spotify

So I am aware that Spotify released an update over the weekend to restrict access to the phone app while you are driving (for safety reasons I'm assuming). They are essentially forcing us to use the Ford Sync Spotify app instead of the Spotify app on our phones which would be fine if the actual Sync Spotify worked, but it just stays frozen on my Ford. If I press play, next, nothing happens. Does not show any of my playlists either.

In conclusion, I have absolutely no way of using Spotify in either of my Ford vehicles and I know I'm not the only one. Spotify, please revert back to the previous version until you can release a working update for Ford Sync. Really disapointting since I've been a premium member for over a year and really like the service. You guys just broke something that didn't even need fixing... what are you thinking?

3 Replies

I have the same problem. I fully support developments enhancing security solutions (e.g. not using phones while driving) but please make it somehow usable... I started premium few months ago because SYNC compatibility in my Focus as the biggest arguments...

Now I hope it is solved by installing old version of Spotify but this is not a professional solution I expect.

Same Problem here! Anyone heard of any fixes? This is getting on my nerves. 

Yes, it is solved. From the link below you can download old version of Spotify. Turn off automatic updates and it's OK. Step back only 1 version is enough.

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Suggested posts