Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free and Premium UI

Free and Premium UI

Spoiler

My issue is with the UI for premium users and free users. Free users have been given a new updated and premium looking ui with the 25th of October 2018 update. It looks much sleeker and fresh. I find it unusual that users that are paying for better features are being given a better user experience, whereas premium users aren't (this is in android). I I'm no way are saying that free users shouldn't get the better ui, I just think it should be for everyone. Attached below is the comparison from a tester account I was given, and my premium normal account. The first picture shows the new ui when viewing a song in a normal playlist. The second is the old ui and the last picture is the new ui

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

One Plus X

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20181029-180436.png
Screenshot_20181029-162020.png
Screenshot_20181029-164852.png
2 Replies

Hey,

welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm happy to assist you!

It's more like the "new design" is a simplified version because free users get less functionality. But you can post it as an idea to make sure staff will notice if you want a fresher design for pro with more functionality too.

Have a nice day and feel free to contact me again for further questions 🙂

I've seen mixed feelings about the new UI. I personally think it's a great addition to a soon outdated ui. What is your opinion on the UI and do you know if this is something they're going to roll out? 

Suggested posts