Premium

Country

England

Device

Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 (December)

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

Constantly says "Go online to see menu." When I'm online already, try it with both 4G and Wi-Fi, but it shouldn't matter anyway as I am on premium with the songs downloaded. I don't want to have to reinstall like every other one of these threads suggests because I have 2500 tracks downloaded and that would take a very long time. I would just like a simple fix, I'm fed up of this as I have been having this problem for months, wondering what I'm really paying for. It just randomly works again after ages of saying it normally, but that is after a good 30-60 mins of retrying an getting the same message. All I am trying to do is click on the menu to either like a song or add a liked (and downloaded) already song to a playlist. Please help.

Screenshot_20200327-041620_Spotify.jpg
12 Replies

Same problem. So sick of not being able to do anything most of the time, and if it does work it's insanely slow.

Looking at posts here it has been a problem for many years. Ridiculous that we aren't getting what we pay for and Spotify don't seem to address the issue.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, phone and app updates, killing app and clearing cache. 

Someone said removing SD card helped but who wants to do that? Grrrrr. 

I have Galaxy S9.

Is your storage set to your SD card?  I had the same problem and also have a Galaxy, but the problem seemed to be with the storage setting, once I changed the storage to internal storage I no longer had the problem...except of course when Spotify automatically changes it back to external when I log out and log back in with more more space remaining on my SD card then internal storage...

I have the same problem. When I want to see an album or add a track to a playlist, all that usually happens is I see the little green circle spin around, and then it says "Go online to see menu". Well goddamnit, what is that supposed to mean? I am online. I'm in my house and I am connected to wifi. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and if it helps, it's for no more than an hour. If I were to uninstall and re-install every time I had the problem, I'd be re-installing Spotify 10 times a day. F--k that s--t! What the **bleep** am I paying for? Spotify is a giant steaming pile of garbage and I hate it. I've had this same problem with 3 different Android phones. Maybe it's because I don't have the top-of-the-line $1000 phone? If that's what the problem is, then Spotify is a fraud, because they never told me I need the latest most-expensive phone to run their crappy app. I am one unhappy customer. 

Spotify**bleep**.

Your NOT alone w/ this issue... I want to leave Spotify, but I LOVE my playlists, and I don't want to have to start over someplace else after years of building them! Most of these companies are JOKES, they don't want to spend money in customer service to keep their current subscribers, despite making Billions of Dollars! Haven't they learned from the Egyptians YET? YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!

Peace, Love, and Hair Grease.

Samsung S10 here... 

SAME problem... Seems to be intermittent and determined by what side of the bed Spotify gets out of, but I'm a playlister and I'm constantly foraging for new tracks... hit the options on a track and its all too frequently "go online" when ive got a blazing connection. Drives me crazy. Spotify, where are you?!

Hey there @RoskoPeeko,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you confirm to us that you've already performed a clean reinstall of the mobile app. This issue shouldn't be present in the latest version.

You should also make sure any battery optimization and firewall services are disable. Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone. 

Note: Menu order may differ across different devices. 

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alex, I have a Moto G7 and the same thing has been happening to me (and has been pretty much the whole year). The worst is when it takes ~5 minutes to start working again. Especially when a song is playing that I want to add to a playlist and then it ends before I can do anything with it!! 😞 Have lost quite a few songs like this. 

I have a clean install of the latest version as of today. I have had 4 clean installs since this problem began earlier this year. I have made sure that battery optimization and firewall settings are as you stated. 

Still happens to me 😞 

Hey there @missdixy,

Thank you for your reply. We're sorry to hear about this. We're happy to continue assist you.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Also - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Removed Spotify from battery optimize list and it actually worked! It loaded instantly!! Thanks! 🙂

Hey there @VOLAR7,

Thanks for posting on this thread and welcome to the Community!

We're glad to know that it was sorted out and thanks for sharing what solved it for you, as it might be helpful for other users too.

If you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same issue - did the reinstall and restarted the device with no change in performance. I still see the "go online to see menu" message. Galaxy S10 and a Kindle Fire both do the same thing. Functionality is slowed due to the "spinning green wheel of Spotify" and it takes forever for items to load over my Wifi which speed tests to the net at 1GB/s.

Hey @dklsierisasdfas

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to WiFi, try switching to a 3G/4G connection). 

If it works with another connection, it'd be a good idea to troubleshoot further the original one (for example restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Also, make sure you deactivate any power optimization settings or data cleaning apps on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts