Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 10 Notification - Spotify progress bar is not working.

Android 10 has landed and I realize Spotify notification drop down controls are missing the interactivity with the progress bar. It only shows the progress of the music but you can't drag or tab on it. I attached a screenshot, the song is already ove...

• Not applicable
  • Android 10 has landed and I realize Spotify notification drop down controls are missing the interactivity with the progress bar. It only shows the progress of the music but you can't drag or tab on i...
  • phpman
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    notification
    Notification bar player
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution like in notification window makes window disappear on android 10

PlanPremiumCountryDEDeviceGoogle Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issuewhen i tap the heart icon in the notification window, it makes the notification window disappear. however, when the next song starts playing it comes back.(just wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country DE Device Google Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue when i tap the heart icon in the notification window, it makes the notification window ...
  • olivrstal
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Gift Card Payment Issues

I can not use the activation code from the gift card. I bought one card about a week ago and decided to use it yesterday. I get an error when entering the code. I thought something was wrong with the card and bought a new one, but the problem repeate...

• Visitor
  • I can not use the activation code from the gift card. I bought one card about a week ago and decided to use it yesterday. I get an error when entering the code. I thought something was wrong with the...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Randomly Pausing

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 9.1 My Question or IssueMy music randomly pauses and when I turn the screen or unlock my phone, the music starts playing again. When the screen goes dark, the music stops agai...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 9.1   My Question or Issue My music randomly pauses and when I turn the screen or unlock my phone, the...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

auto start play

PlanFree/PremiumCountryisraelDevicecat s60Operating System Android My Question or Issuewen i log in on my fhone the app start to play avrey time i end a call on my ere piceand i jast log in dont start it to play and i dont here it and it draen my bat...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country israel Device cat s60 Operating System   Android    My Question or Issue wen i log in on my fhone the app start to play avrey time i end a call on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem connecting Spotify Connect using Play-Fi

PlanPremium Operating SystemiOS 12.4.1 and Android Pie Both the Klipsch Gate and Phorus PR5 Play-Fi devices does not connect with Spotify Connect when playing recently saved albums in the Spotify account library but able to play album saved before Au...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium       Operating System iOS 12.4.1 and Android Pie   Both the Klipsch Gate and Phorus PR5 Play-Fi devices does not connect with Spotify Connect when playing re...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't Play Entire Library (Not Liked Songs)

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel2 XLOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueIn the past, I could save an entire album (or specific songs) to my library and then shuffle them all. With the latest updates, I'm still able to save songs to my library,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Pixel2 XL Operating System Android    My Question or Issue In the past, I could save an entire album (or specific songs) to my library and then shuf...
  • rogerrthis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Album cover near track title in playlist when podcast is added in playlist

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10 plusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhy is this happening? Can it be like bottom picture but without podcast in the playlist?This is before podcast is addedThis is after podcast is added

Screenshot_20190906-215034_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20190906-215009_Spotify.jpg
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy S10 plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Why is this happening? Can it be like bottom picture but without podcast in the play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio station of my checkmarked artists?

My Question or IssueSorry for the probably-often-asked question. I am finding the Spotify user interface on Android to not be intuitive. I have checkmarked 100-200 artists. How do I listen to them like a radio station drawn from songs from them? Song...

• Not applicable
  • My Question or Issue Sorry for the probably-often-asked question. I am finding the Spotify user interface on Android to not be intuitive. I have checkmarked 100-200 artists. How do I listen to them ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Spotify on the Moroccan Galaxy Store.

PlanSpotify Premium(Morocco/North Africa)DeviceGalaxy Watch ActiveSamsung Galaxy S8+Hi guys, i just bought a brand new Galaxy Watch Active and had the surprise to see that Spotify is not available on the Galaxy Store even if the app is available on t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Spotify Premium (Morocco/North Africa) Device Galaxy Watch Active Samsung Galaxy S8+ Hi guys, i just bought a brand new Galaxy Watch Active and had the surprise to see that Spotify is no...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

The difference between Free Plan and Premium Plan cover art

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesia DeviceAsus Zenfone 3 MaxOperating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.1.0 My Question or IssueSo i saw my friend's screenshot of her playing a song on Spotify called Beautiful goodbye by CHEN with a fullscreen Artwork so i went to check ...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia   Device Asus Zenfone 3 Max Operating System Android Oreo 8.1.0   My Question or Issue So i saw my friend's screenshot of her playing a song o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waiting for download on new phone

hi guys,i am a premium family member and i just changed my phone.its a xiami A3. i logged in and saw it wouldnt download all the songs i had downloaded on my old phone. i tried deactivating the firewall and giving the app all autkrizations but nothin...

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys, i am a premium family member and i just changed my phone.its a xiami A3. i logged in and saw it wouldnt download all the songs i had downloaded on my old phone. i tried deactivating the fir...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instagram story option

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndia Instagram story no option Device(Redmi 4a)Operating System( Android novgat ) My Question or IssueAfter latest Spotify has stopped Instagram stories option plz try to recover that problem as soon as you can

Screenshot_2019-09-06-00-48-00-790_com.spotify.music.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country India  Instagram story no option   Device (Redmi 4a) Operating System ( Android novgat )   My Question or Issue After latest Spotify has sto...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution the "local files"-button

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceRedMi 5, Acer Chromebook C83-431Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIs the local files"-button respectively the opportunity to play songs from your storage with spotify no longer ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Austria Device RedMi 5, Acer Chromebook C83-431 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Is the local file...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search Button

One update this year has moved the search button to the 3 button menu on favorite songs. I find that design choice bad as it worked very well before. I currently have >2000 songs saved and whenever I want to listen to a specific song that I've downlo...

• Casual Listener
  • One update this year has moved the search button to the 3 button menu on favorite songs. I find that design choice bad as it worked very well before. I currently have >2000 songs saved and wheneve...
  • multisofteis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Headphones on android

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceGALAXY S10 PLUSOperating SystemANDROID 9 My Question or IssueWith any headphones both wired and bluetooth. If I press play on the headphone controls it automatically starts playing a song from the spotify app even though t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device GALAXY S10 PLUS Operating System ANDROID 9   My Question or Issue With any headphones both wired and bluetooth. If I press play on the headphone...
  • Maxmusic1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • headphones
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cuts out on my bluetooth in my 2018 jeep cherokee

Just recently Spotify stops playing on my vehicle's bluetooth - I have to press play to get it to continue. It happens about every 1 - 2 minutes. Super freaking annoying to the point I don't want to even turn it on. My phone is a Samsung 7. I don't h...

• Visitor
  • Just recently Spotify stops playing on my vehicle's bluetooth - I have to press play to get it to continue.  It happens about every 1 - 2 minutes.  Super freaking annoying to the point I do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bluetooth cutting out
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android 10 and blurred background

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueSo, as you can see bellow my background picture is now blurred. 2 days ago I installed Android 10 on my OnePlus 7 Pro phone and it's started showing blurred back...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue So, as you can see bellow my background picture is now blurred. 2 days ago I installed ...
  • Jnss98b
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Discord Status not showing

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueDiscord does not show songs i am listenning. I connected my Spotify account, enabled Device Broadcast Status, enabled Show Discord Status, rebooti...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Discord does not show songs i am listenning. I connected my Spotify ac...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs repeat in the same loop

PlanPremiumCountryLatviaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 4/4sOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen I'm listening to liked songs (about 1200). Spotify plays just some of them and then start to repeat from the start in same loop. Repeat is off, shuff...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Latvia Device Samsung Galaxy 4/4s Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When I'm listening to liked songs (about 1200). Spotify plays just some of the...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes