Premium

Country

Japan

Device

Honor 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

First off, well done on making it as difficult as possible via this frankly horrendous UI to even post on here. If people can't post, there's no problem right? Your help section does not have a "start topic" button for each sub category.

I know the greyed out song issue apparently, is because of copyright issues in each country but it's completely inconsistent and getting more and more invasive into my listening expereince with each day. I'm really sorry if my tastes happen to fall in these areas, but am I not paying you for a PREMIUM service? There have been songs I enjoyed that have been REMOVED and rendered unlistenable. For example the Paprika soundtrack. How do you expect me to just adjust my listening to the whims of rights holders? Is that really how it works? Because isn't the whole point supposed to be convenience? I litereally may as well cancel and buy the tracks the old fashioned way. You really can't comprehend how infuriating greyed out tracks, removed tracks, and even greyed out tracks that PLAY (what?) are to me as a music lover.  I'm really not interested in half hearted c'est la vie replies either... Just had to get this off my chest. Oh and after several years premium, you're welcome.

2 Replies

Hi! I'm very sorry this issue is becoming a burden. There's a whole thread on this you can check at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Greyed-out-songs/td-p/1193163

Unfortunately, by now Spotify does not have many options to solve this. Its not only because of copyright issues, but also sometimes because of the decision of the artist himself, as well as licensing. 

The inconsistency is becoming a huge burden.

I create playlists, then weeks later half the tracks are missing because of whatever reason the artist has pulled them. How can I accept that as a premium user? It's not an acceptable level of service what are you doing to annoy them?

I'm really not interested in copyright issues. I want consistent service you shouldn't be allowed to add and remove songs at will. Take em off, or leave them on. NOT both. It's really disgusting you can't understand.

Suggested posts