Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW TO DELETE OFFLINE SONGS

HOW TO DELETE OFFLINE SONGS

Hi how can i remove downloaded songs not only from playlist rather also from the cell phone device?
Greetings
26 Replies

Haven't tried, but I also worry about losing them from my library if I do this. I want them undowloaded, not unsaved. Shouldn't have to do that anyway. Paying for premium and they can't even have a user friendly app

I'm not sure this would work, as I have already undownloaded the songs.
They are no longer stored on my phone storage, but rather in the Spotify
server, and I don't think I can tap into that through the app. Thanks for
the suggestion, though!

Just unistall then reinstall. Deletes downloaded songs but keeps everything else.

I've followed instruction to delete cache to delete downloaded files... however when I try... my window says it will not delete downloaded files... I have to literally go one but one?!?!?! I simply want to mass delete ... help downloads and keep songs if possible,  but at this point I dont mind deleting everything 

You can delete your app data, it will also wipe out everything include offline songs.

@Artistyogihart wrote:

I've followed instruction to delete cache to delete downloaded files... however when I try... my window says it will not delete downloaded files... I have to literally go one but one?!?!?! I simply want to mass delete ... help downloads and keep songs if possible,  but at this point I dont mind deleting everything 

Hi,. Download a file manager application I personally use es but it's up to you which one you like go to the directory it's either the internal storage to SD card in my case it is SD card browse or look for Spotify click on it then go to Storage you will find everything downloaded is there you can delete anything you want you can we delete all of them because deleting cases it doesn't

Hi folks,

To summarize - the easies way to remove a downloaded playlist/ album is to disable the green slider button Download above the playlist. When it is grayed out - the playlist will not be available for Offline play.

To clear all downloaded playlists/ albums/ podcasts  from your device's memory you'd need to clear the cache on your device. You can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer for device specific instructions.

You can also add your +Vote to this Idea:

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts